Ms. Ngan, District 8, HCM City
Dear Ms. Ngan. Thank you for trusting and sending your question to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital. The following article shall give you the answer for whether you should eat bitter melon after undergoing a rhinoplasty or not.
Can we eat bitter melon after undergoing rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is an extremely popular cosmetic surgery. In order to recover quickly, it is necessary to have a reasonable diet. That’s why lots of people wonder whether they can eat bitter melon after undergoing a rhinoplasty or not.
According to research, eating bitter melon can interfere with blood sugar control, especially for people who are about to have or have just undergone rhinoplasty. Therefore, before and after surgery about 2 weeks, you should not eat bitter melon.
In short, the answer to the question: “Can you eat bitter melon after rhinoplasty?” is NO. You should not eat bitter melon before and after rhinoplasty for about 2 weeks or more so that the nose has more time to recover.
After this period time, you can completely enjoy delicious foods made from bitter melon without having to worry about any problems.
What we should and should not eat after rhinoplasty
Asides from bitter melon, we should consider the following food after undergoing rhinoplasty:
We should eat:
- Soft foods that are easy to chew and swallow.
- Foods contain lots of vitamins A, C, and E such as berries, citrus fruits, avocados, nuts, olive oil, etc.
- Dark green vegetables.
- Pork, tofu, mushrooms, and types of beans.
- Milk and dairy products.
- Drink 2-3 liters of water per day.
We should not eat:
- Hard foods that are hard to chew, swallow, and digest.
- Foods that can cause keloid scars such as beef, goat meat, water spinach.
- Foods that can cause allergies such as chicken, duck, sea fish, and seafood.
- Sticky rice and dishes made from sticky rice.
- Alcohol, coffee, stimulants.
- No smoking.
Related article: What to eat after rhinoplasty
Bitter melon can cause unwanted effects on your body. So you should not eat bitter melon after undergoing rhinoplasty.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment below or contact our Hotline: 0901666879 for the most thoughtful guidance and advice.