What is autologous cartilage rhinoplasty?
Autologous cartilage rhinoplasty is an advanced rhinoplasty technology that is highly evaluated by experts as well as chosen by many customers.
This is a technique that uses a certain percentage of autologous cartilage (the cartilage type taken from certain areas on the customer’s own body) to use in raising the nose bridge and shaping the new nose. This rate of cartilage can range from 30% – 100% depending on each case and different rhinoplasty methods.
Autologous cartilage types used in rhinoplasty
Helix cartilage is the most popular type of cartilage in autologous rhinoplasty nowadays. This is the cartilage material taken from the helix of a customer. To dissecting the cartilage, the doctor conducts a minor surgery behind the ear, using specialized tools to dissect about 1-2 cm of cartilage.
Helix cartilage is naturally flexible and curved, so it is extremely suitable to use in plastic surgery and coat the nose tip. However, helix cartilage is never used to raise the nose bridge.
Popular autologous cartilage rhinoplasty technologies
Nowadays, there are lots of autologous cartilage rhinoplasty technologies including:
- Cartilage rhinoplasty
- Structural rhinoplasty
- Semi-structural rhinoplasty
- Super structural rhinoplasty
- S Line structural rhinoplasty
- Rib cartilage rhinoplasty
Based on the current condition of the nose after examination, the doctor shall suggest the most appropriate autologous cartilage rhinoplasty method for each customer.
Who should have autologous cartilage rhinoplasty?
The autologous cartilage rhinoplasty method is appropriate for the following individuals:
- Those whose thin nose skin and are not eligible for artificial cartilage rhinoplasty.
- Those who have had previous rhinoplasty surgery failed due to cartilage rejection, cartilage allergy.
- Those whose noses with crooked, deviated, weak cartilage septum.
To ensure you are suitable for undergoing autologous cartilage rhinoplasty, go to a prestigious cosmetic facility to consult doctors!
Pros – Cons of autologous cartilage rhinoplasty
Pros of autologous cartilage rhinoplasty
- High aesthetics: Autologous cartilage rhinoplasty is modern technology that brings a higher, more beautiful, more natural, and well-proportioned nose shape without leaving traces of plastic surgery. Thereby significantly improving the overall beauty of the face.
- High safety: The use of autologous cartilage for rhinoplasty can ensure very high safety. Autologous cartilage has almost absolute compatibility with the body, so after rhinoplasty, there is no rejection or allergic reaction, ensuring the safety of the nose after rhinoplasty.
- Long-lasting nose shape: Autologous cartilage rhinoplasty ensure high safety, no complications after surgery, so the new nose shape can last for a long time. With good care, it can last permanently.
Cons of autologous cartilage rhinoplasty
- Good doctors’ qualifications: Autologous cartilage is a highly complicated rhinoplasty technique. Therefore, you must find a prestigious cosmetic facility for good, skilled, and experienced doctors to perform rhinoplasty to ensure safety and aesthetics for your nose. If you entrust the nose to an inexperienced, poor-skilled doctor at an infamous cosmetic facility, your nose can potentially get damaged.
- High cost: Compared with normal rhinoplasty methods, autologous cartilage rhinoplasty has a significantly higher cost.
- Longer time: Because the technique is more complicated, additional minor surgery is required to dissect autologous cartilage, so the autologous cartilage rhinoplasty surgery lasts longer than cartilage rhinoplasty.
Is autologous cartilage rhinoplasty good?
How much is autologous cartilage rhinoplasty?
The price of autologous cartilage rhinoplasty depends on many factors: The reputation of the cosmetic facility, the qualification of the doctor, the defect of the nose, the material cartilage used.
After examining, the doctor will decide the most appropriate rhinoplasty method for the customer. Normally, the cost of autologous cartilage rhinoplasty ranges from 15 – 80 million VND.
At Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, the price of autologous cartilage rhinoplasty is as follows:
- Cartilage Rhinoplasty: 14 million VND
- 3D Sline – 3D Lline Rhinoplasty: 17 million VND
- 4D Sline 4D – 4D Lline Rhinoplasty: 25 million VND
- 6D Sline – 6D Lline Rhinoplasty: 35 million VND
- Sline Super Structural Rhinoplasty: 45 million VND
- Lline Super Structural Rhinoplasty: 50 million VND
- Rib Cartilage Rhinoplasty: 70 million VND
- European Standard Rhinoplasty: 80 million VND
- Perfect Rhinoplasty: 80 million VND
In addition, customers can refer to detailed price list of rhinoplasty services as follows:
Nose revision, rhinoplasty price list at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital
|SERVICE||PRICE (VND)||DISCOUNTED PRICE (VND)||WARRANTY|
3D Sline – 3D Lline Rhinoplasty
4D Sline – 4D Lline Rhinoplasty
6D Sline – 6D Lline Rhinoplasty
Sline Superstructural Rhinoplasty
Lline Superstructural Rhinoplasty
Rib Cartilage Rhinoplasty
European Standard Rhinoplasty
Korean Thread Rhinoplasty
Collagen Nano Thread Rhinoplasty
Collagen Multi-layer Thread Rhinoplasty
Nose Revision (Cases vary)
|5 – 7.000.000||Permanent|
Alar Base Reduction
Nasal Hump Removal
Nose Tip Reduction/Adjustment
Nose Defects Correction
Nasal Bone Correction
Cleft Lip Treatment
The autologous cartilage rhinoplasty procedure
The procedure of autologous cartilage rhinoplasty is as follows:
- Step 1: Examination and consultation
- Step 2: General health check
- Step 3: Measurement and sketch for a new nose shape
- Step 4: Sterilization and anesthesia
- Step 5: Dissection for autologous cartilage
- Step 6: Proceed with the autologous cartilage rhinoplasty surgery
- Step 7: Health check-up, instruction for post-operative care, and following check-up
- Step 8: Following check-up and thread removal
As with any rhinoplasty surgery, post-operative care plays an extremely important role. Autologous cartilage rhinoplasty is no exception. After undergoing rhinoplasty, you should remember the following:
- Avoid making the nose wet or contact with water and dirt.
- Regularly change the bandage and clean the wound with physiological saline.
- Avoid touching and twisting the nose. Avoid bumps on the nose.
- Avoid doing intense exercises, carrying heavy objects, or doing intense sports.
- Avoid wearing makeup, wearing heavy glasses, wearing a mask.
- Take medication as prescribed by your doctor. Avoid taking other medicines without consulting your doctor.
- Take the following check-ups as scheduled.
Images of our customers before & after autologous cartilage rhinoplasty at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital
Let’s see how our customers transformed their appearance after undergoing rhinoplasty at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital
Q&A for autologous cartilage rhinoplasty
Is autologous cartilage rhinoplasty painful?
Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital applies the exclusive Plus anesthesia technology so the customers shall now feel any pain during the surgery.
Can autologous cartilage rhinoplasty give a permanent nose shape?
It depends on many factors. If you have rhinoplasty at a prestigious cosmetic facility that has talented, experienced doctors, the new nose shape can last for a long time, even permanently.
How long does it take the nose to fully recover?
It takes about 1 month for the nose to fully recover after undergoing autologous cartilage rhinoplasty. It shall take around 3 – 6 months for the nose to get in shape and become stable.
Here is everything you need to know about the popular autologous cartilage rhinoplasty technology nowadays. Thank you for your time and we hope this article shall be useful for you.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment below or contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital via our Hotline: 0901666879, or contact our fanpage: www.facebook.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo for the most thoughtful advice and guidance.