Premature ejaculation is common yet hard to discuss about. Treatments can help alleviate this, but which is most appropriate?
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is a sexual phenomenon concerning men with shorter peak time than they would prefer. While very common (about 1 in 3 men experienced Premature Ejaculation, perhaps even more), they are rarely discussed about due to shame and embarrassment. They can be lifelong or acquired. Difficulty in controlling erection and ejaculation may affect intimacy and enjoyment during intercourse or masturbation. In the case that one’s noticed the duration before their ejaculation are not to their liking, they may suffer from premature ejaculation. Consider treatment if this seriously affect daily lives.
Severity of Premature Ejaculation
Clinically, Premature Ejaculation is classified into 3 levels of severity:
- Mild: Does not happen regularly, but noticeably shorter than normal time for intercourse or masturbation
- Moderate: Difficulty controlling moment of ejaculation, or with expected frequency
- Severe: Frequently ejaculate before climax or inability to climax despite ejaculation
Despite this classification, one is encouraged and free to consult with a doctor about their worries. One shouldn’t think their problems are irrelevant before seeking treatment or feel ashamed when discuss with their doctor.
Potential causes of Premature Ejaculation
As with anything sexually related, Premature Ejaculation can be difficult to discuss about. While extensively researched, there are no definitive causes to Premature Ejaculation and there may be both psychological and physiological factors at play.
Frequent sexual activities
Frequent sexual activities can develop trained responses, leading the body to ejaculate quicker to stimuli.
Abnormal hormonal activities
Hormones imbalance due to age factor or substance abuse can lead to unpredictable results, and sexual activities may also be affected
Stress from external sources such as work and during intimate moments can cause ejaculation at earlier than prefer.
Other medical related problems
There are a few medical issues that can causes premature ejaculation in men such as infections and inflammation of genitalia or neighboring areas like urethritis, cystysis, phimosis, kidney stones, etc.
Unhealthy lifestyle such as staying up late or substance abuse can affect hormones balance and cause bodily disorders including erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and decreased sexual desire.
How Premature Ejaculation lowers life quality?
Premature ejaculation is not a life threatening condition. But sufferers may face hardship in their private lives during intimacy in relationship and marriages.
How Premature Ejaculation may affect one’s life:
- Unsatisfactory sex life: Premature Ejaculation oftens interfere with intimacy, affect sensitivity, disrupt rhythm during sex for either or both sufferer or partner. Marital or relationship problems can arise from this.
- Affects fertility: While delayed ejaculation doesn’t stop sperm from being produced and delivered, it can reduce the amount of sperm released to reach the egg and fertilize it, resulting in subfertility.
- Mental health deterioration: Men with premature ejaculation often become self-conscious and anxious. Sometimes this may result in worsening of mental health
- Signs of other diseases: Premature ejaculation can also be a sign of male reproductive health problem and if not treated promptly can cause serious complications.
Should you seek a medical expert for Premature Ejaculation?
This is a ailment that some men are not willing to discuss or even acknowledge. When facing this issue, they often seek home remedies to overcome this problem while avoiding letting others know. So is home treatment for premature ejaculation possible? Or should one seek help from a medical expert?
In the case premature ejaculation stems from lifestyle choices, a change in habits and getting into the right mindset can work and should improve the condition. They may seek to get some exercises, new diet, practicing mindfulness, etc. as a good starting point.
However, when the causes may be relating to other health issues or when premature ejaculation is severe, home remedies may not be enough. Consider seeking help from experts to pinpoint the causes and plan out the treatment for a timely and effective solution.
4 treatments for Premature Ejaculation
Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are common conditions that may co-occur, overlap, and influence each other. When physicians suspected Premature Ejaculation, they may try to give treatment for Erectile Dysfunction as they generally improves Premature Ejaculation.
Drugs like Sildenafil (Viagra) inhibiting the action of PDE5, dilating the penis erectile tissue, facilitating erection with sexual stimulation.
- Helps men improve and maintain erection during sex.
- Effect can last for 2 – 3 hours.
- The drug has been certified and approved by the FDA as a safe and effective treatment.
- Easy to take and short onset time for a timely prevention of premature ejaculation.
Laser or Shockwave Therapy
- Using low-intensity shockwave to stimulate the inner tissue and laser to stimulate the surface.
- When combined with medications, therapy can be an effective complementary treatment of erectile dysfunction from severe to moderate.
- Repeated treatments carried out in 2 to 3 months
- Gradual, non invasive treatment that is more likely to have a lasting result.
In the case of lifelong Premature Ejaculation, surgery offer an effective solution. A specialized treatment to premature ejaculation is removing excess penile dorsal nerve .
- Reduce sensitivity, delaying ejaculation.
- Minor surgical procedure, can be done endoscopically.
- Can also improve problems relating to the foreskin.
Inflatable Penile Prosthesis (IPP) implant
When placed in the erectile tissue, IPP can take over the erectile function of the penis on command. This is a modern solution for erectile dysfunction (and thus premature ejaculation) that can overcome failures cases in previous solutions.
- Highly satisfactory and effective, especially for severe cases of ED and PE.
The implant includes a tubular sac installed in the abdomen or scrotum. The solution be pumped up during sexual activity and pumped out when not in use.
The implant can lasts for up to decades with low failure rate and high stability
- Manual control ensure effortless maintaining of erectile function.
Cost of Treatment?
The cost of treating premature ejaculation will depend on the severity and method, ranging from several million to several hundred million VND.
You can refer to the service prices at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital in the table below.
|2,000,000 – 10,000,000
|Laser / Shockwave Therapy
|5,000,000 – 20,000,000
|Penile Dorsal Neurectomy
|30,000,000 – 50,000,000
Different treatments will have different downtime. To know the extent and duration of treatment, it is best to see a specialist for consultation. Based on each case, experts can evaluate, analyze and plan a treatment regimen appropriately.
Where to go for Treatment in Ho Chi Minh City?
We are committed to the following when providing you with treatment:
- Dr. Trương Hoàng Minh, urology and andrology specialist of Gangwhoo to consult and provide expert opinion on male sexual health problem
- Partnered with Dr. Park Sung Hun, director of Sewum Prosthetic Urology Center of Excellence for Penile Implants, Seoul, Korea
- State of the art equipment to provide you the minimal pain and invasion experience
Surgical procedures strictly comply with the Ministry of Health hygiene standards, ensuring a sterile and safe environment
- Absolute confidentiality of customer information, without fear of publishing images or personal information without the customer’s permission.