Treatment of melasma is the solution to remove stubborn melasma. Help you bring confidence with bright, smooth, youthful skin effectively. Learn how to treat melasma in this article right now!
What is melasma?
Melasma is a pigmentation disorder of the skin, called Melanin overproduction leads to the formation of dark spots on the skin. Melasma can change over time, becoming darker in the summer and lighter in the winter.
Causes of Melasma
There are many causes of melasma. Here are some common causes:
The impact of sunlight
Ultraviolet rays in sunlight are one of the main causes of melasma. UV rays stimulate increased production of melanin, causing hyperpigmentation and the formation of melasma.
Hormonal fluctuations in the body, such as pregnancy, the use of hormone medications, or the natural aging process, can cause changes in skin pigmentation and lead to the formation of melasma.
Genetic factors also play an important role in determining the likelihood of melasma. If someone in your family has melasma, you’re more likely to be at risk, too.
Using inappropriate cosmetics
Using cosmetics that contain irritants or are not suitable for the skin can cause skin damage and increase the risk of melasma formation.
Stress and health condition
Stress and other health problems such as liver disease, kidney disease, or diabetes can affect hormone balance and increase the risk of melasma.
The natural aging process causes the skin to lose its ability to protect itself and regenerate melanin, increasing the likelihood of melasma formation.
Exposure to irritants
Using products that contain irritants such as chemicals, and dyes, or exposure to polluted environments can damage the skin and increase the risk of melasma.
What is the treatment of melasma?
Treatment of Melasma is the process of using methods to reduce or eliminate melasma on the skin. You can treat melasma at home by using products that inhibit melasma formation or by high-tech treatments that specialize in melasma. However, the selection of treatment method should be consulted by a dermatologist to ensure its effectiveness and safety.
Home remedies to treat melasma
Treatment of melasma at home can be applied in 2 simple methods that are using topical and oral medications. Here is a detailed breakdown of these methods:
Use topical medication
You can treat melasma with topical medications to inhibit melasma formation. With these pigments, it will help to effectively affect the melasma area. You can refer to one of the drugs that include the following:
- Hydroquinone: This is a common topical medication used to inhibit the formation of new pigments. It can be in a 2-4% concentration and is applied to the melasma area every night for 2-4 months. However, it should be noted that common side effects are skin stinging, mild redness, and dyspigmentation.
- Combination formulations of tretinoin and corticosteroids: There are products on the market that combine all three of these active ingredients, called triple formulations. Using this formula can effectively improve melasma, but should be advised and monitored by an experienced specialist.
- Other topical medications: Azelaic acid and kojic acid are also active ingredients used to improve melasma.
Take medicine orally
Just like topical medication to treat melasma, oral medicine is also compounded by ingredients that help inhibit melanin, limiting the formation of melasma.
- Tranexamic acid: This is an oral medication used to treat melasma. Tranexamic acid reduces the production of prostaglandins, a precursor of tyrosine. At low doses, tranexamic acid is found to be effective and safe in the treatment of melasma.
- Glutathione: Researched as a systemic skin lightener, glutathione is also used in the treatment of melasma.
Effective high-tech methods for melasma treatment
Not only home remedies for melasma, but you can also apply high-tech melasma treatments. With advanced and modern technology, it will effectively repel and eliminate melasma on the skin.
Mesotox melasma treatment
Mesotox melasma treatment is a leading technology in the treatment of melasma. Using the product Mesotox Brightening Solution, this method helps to remove melasma and freckles and nourish and regenerate bright and youthful skin.
By injecting melasma essence directly into the melasma area, the product contains ingredients such as Vitamin C, Glutathione, Glycolic acid, and Kojic acid, which help to whiten, regenerate the skin, and eliminate dark spots. Bringing a natural whitening effect.
Treatment of melasma (freckles) (Lucid Dream)
Treatment of melasma Lucid Dream It is also a technology that directly affects the melasma area. It will inhibit and break down the structure to remove the melanin pigment that causes freckles/melasma. This method helps to remove freckles up to 99% of and reduce treatment without causing pain, swelling, or scarring on the skin. Treatment of melasma Lucid Dream is Suitable for all types of customers and can solve problems from mild to severe in just one course.
Treatment of melasma (Ultra YEG)
Not an exception, melasma treatment (Ultra YEG) is the newest technology in overcoming melasma, providing superior and safer results. Using powerful lasers and light such as Nd Yag Q-Switched, Elight OPT/SHR, IPL/RF, this method directly affects the cause of melasma without causing damage to the surrounding skin. The result is an even skin tone, and brighter and smoother skin and stimulates natural collagen production, helps firm skin, prevents the formation of melanin, and anti-aging.
Should melasma be treated at home or with high technology? Why?
Should melasma be treated at home or high technology? In fact, when you treat melasma at home, it is often not effective because melasma often appears in the deep layer of the skin. While methods such as applying creams and taking pills only affect the surface. This makes it difficult to completely remove melasma.
On the other hand, the treatment of melasma at home also requires patience and the right product to get better results. Otherwise, the risk is that this could waste time and effort and not achieve the desired results.
On the contrary Melasma treatment at home, high technology such as using advanced modern methods can directly affect the deep layer of the skin where melasma forms. These methods have the ability to adjust skin pigmentation and remove melasma more effectively. With the support of experts and advanced technologies, melasma treatment with high technology brings better results, faster, and safer.
Outstanding advantages of high-tech melasma treatment
Treating melasma with high technology will bring many benefits beyond expectations. One of the advantages that you enjoy when choosing to treat melasma with technological methods will include the following:
- Effectively and thoroughly with the impact on the internal skin structure, preventing the formation and recurrence of melasma and freckles. Radical treatment helps to get rid of melasma in a comprehensive way.
- Brighten and even skin tone for clearer and more even skin tone. Skin becomes bright, smooth, and youthful.
- The high-tech method is safe, does not cause complications, and leaves scars on the skin.
- There is no pain, swelling, or discomfort during treatment.
- Results are quick and there is no downtime, saving you time.
- Prevent and re-occurrence of melasma after treatment effectively after the treatment period.
The effective melasma treatment process is applied at Gangwhoo Hospital
- Step 1: Visit and consult with the doctor to analyze the skin condition to offer the most appropriate treatment method.
- Step 2: Clean the skin and exfoliate to help clear and clean the dirt.
- Step 3: Apply appropriate treatment technology to break down the skin structure with pigmentation and freckles.
- Step 4: Apply moisturizer to help soothe the skin and provide moisture, speeding up the recovery process.
- Step 5: Home skin care instructions to protect the skin and prevent the recurrence of melasma and freckles.
Images of customers carrying out melasma treatment at Gangwhoo Hospital
How much does melasma treatment cost?
|High-tech freckle treatment||139 USD/time|
|MEOTOX – Treatment of melasma||229 USD|
|Remove congenital pigmentation by YEG-QS technology (less than 5cm2)||139 USD|
|Remove congenital pigmentation by YEG-QS technology (smaller than 6cm2 – 10cm2)||179 USD|
|Remove congenital pigmentation by YEG-QS technology (larger than 10cm2)||229 USD|
|PACK 1 (6 times LASER)||139 USD|
|PACK 2 (10 LASER + 2IPL)||659 USD|
|PACK 3 (15L LASER+3IPL)||999 USD|
|PACK 4 (30L+6IPL)||1,990 USD|
Why should you treat melasma at Gangwhoo Hospital?
If you have a need to treat melasma or freckles, Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital is the first and most reliable choice. There are many reasons that Gangwhoo has become an effective melasma treatment address trusted by many customers.
- Gangwhoo is one of the top cosmetic hospitals in Vietnam, ensuring it meets the criteria of facilities, techniques, and quality doctors recognized by the Ministry of Health.
- The doctors at Gangwhoo are well-trained in the procedure and have professional aesthetic knowledge. It will bring melasma treatment results that are beyond customer expectations.
- Gangwhoo owns state-of-the-art machinery and equipment, helping to ensure the quality and efficiency of melasma treatments.
- In particular, when treating melasma at Gangwhoo, you are also served in a luxurious space and fully meet the most modern facilities.
Instructions on how to take care of melasma effectively
After treating melasma, to maintain and care for the skin, you can perform specific care including the following:
- Choose skin care products that are gentle, non-irritating, and suitable for your skin type. Contains moisturizing ingredients, and antioxidants and protects the skin from the effects of the environment.
- Wash your face daily, using warm water and a gentle cleanser. Avoid using hot water and soaps that can dry out the skin.
- Follow a standard skincare routine step by step to increase the effectiveness of healthy glowing skin.
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin from UV rays. Choose a sunscreen with a high sun protection factor and use it every day, no matter the weather.
- When going out, cover up carefully by wearing a hat, and sunglasses and using an umbrella to protect your skin from direct sunlight.
- Make sure to stay hydrated and eat foods rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to promote skin health
You should treat melasma as soon as possible. Because if left for a long time, the melasma will spread more and more difficult to treat. Hopefully, the sharing in the above article has helped you choose an effective method for yourself. Don’t hesitate to connect with Gangwhoo Hospital If you have many questions to ask for advice and answers!