Everyone wants to have a beautiful and well-proportioned nose shape to be more confident in life. But very few people are born with a perfectly beautiful nose, and everyone wants to improve their nose defects. Structural rhinoplasty is the optimal solution to these desires.
So what is structural rhinoplasty? What advantages does it have? In the following article, Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital will give you interesting information about this trending method of rhinoplasty. Stay tuned!
What is Structural Rhinoplasty?
Structural rhinoplasty is the top rhinoplasty technique highly evaluated by experts.
Structural rhinoplasty is considered a “savior” of ugly nose shapes. Because this method involves reconstructing the structure of the nose, correct most common defects such as low nose, saddle nose, short nose, crooked nose, big nose tip, flat alar bases, …
Structural rhinoplasty requires great expertise and skill, and years of experience of the surgeon. During the surgery, the doctor will dissect the nose area to create a cavity for placing the cartilage to lift the nose bridge, enhance the columella, and coat the nose tip. Thereby reconstructing the entire nose structure.
Cartilage material used in structural rhinoplasty
In structural rhinoplasty, besides using artificial biological cartilage to raise the nose bridge, the doctor will use autologous cartilage (taken from the customer’s body) to coat the nose tip. Types of autologous cartilage used include:
- Helix cartilage: This is the most commonly used autologous cartilage in structural rhinoplasty. The flexible helix cartilage will help form a natural nose tip shape. Helix cartilage will be suitable for those having rhinoplasty for the first time or have nose tips with few defects.
- Septum Cartilage: Nasal septum cartilage is often combined with ear cartilage to enhance the columella of the nose to become stronger.
- Rib cartilage: Rib cartilage is usually taken from the 6th and 7th rib positions. Rib cartilage is hard, difficult to orthopedic, so it is often used for the nose bridge. The rib cartilage in structural rhinoplasty will be indicated for cases where the nose is severely damaged, the nose is deformed, or after an accident.
The advantages of structural rhinoplasty
For every nose shape
The optimal nose revision method
Give trending nose shapes nowadays
Suitable for every face shape
Should we have structural rhinoplasty?
Structural rhinoplasty has a lot of great advantages and is suitable for everyone, which can correct all nose defects. Therefore, structural rhinoplasty is the method we should choose to enhance the beauty of our noses.
However, whether or not to choose a structural rhinoplasty depends on many factors. You should follow the advice of your doctor to choose the most suitable method of rhinoplasty instead of following trends.
Differences between structural and cartilage rhinoplasty
|Criteria||Structural rhinoplasty||Cartilage rhinoplasty|
|Defects improvement efficiency||Structural rhinoplasty can correct all the nose defects||Cartilage rhinoplasty is the optimal choice for those who have thin nose skin, upturned nose, short nose|
|Cost||Structural rhinoplasty has a much higher cost than conventional methods||Reasonable cost for everyone|
|Nose revision efficiency||Structural rhinoplasty is the optimal choice for those who have damaged nose after failed rhinoplasty or trauma||Not indicated for nose revision cases|
|Suurgery time||The complicated technique leads to longer surgery time||Shorter surgery time|
Differences between structural and semi-structural rhinoplasty
Semi-structural rhinoplasty only involves correcting a certain area with defects on the nose, not reconstructing the entire nose structure like the structural rhinoplasty method. Therefore, semi-structure rhinoplasty is only applied to the nose with few defects.
After examining and evaluating the condition of the nose, the doctor will make the final decision whether to choose a structural rhinoplasty or a semi-structured rhinoplasty.
Structural rhinoplasty procedure
- Step 1: The doctor examines, assesses the condition of the nose, and suggests the most appropriate rhinoplasty method for the customer.
- Step 2: The doctor conducts a general health check to determine whether the customer’s physical condition is suitable for rhinoplasty surgery or not.
- Step 3: The doctor will measure and draw the nose shape based on the collected information in step 1.
- Step 4: The doctor shall perform sterilization and local anesthetic at the surgical area (many other places will combine with anesthesia). When the anesthetic takes effect, surgery will start.
- Step 5: The doctor shall carefully perform the surgery to ensure the result for the customer.
- Step 6: The customer is monitored after the surgery for a health check and instructed for the best post-operative care.
Related article: How To Care for Your Nose after Structural Rhinoplasty?
Common questions about the structural rhinoplasty
Is structural rhinoplasty safe?
Where can we have quality and safe structural rhinoplasty?
How much is structural rhinoplasty?
The price list of structural rhinoplasty at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital:
Structural rhinoplasty, nose revision price list
|SERVICE||PRICE (VND)||DISCOUNTED PRICE (VND)||An extra 10 million VND if choosing nano form cartilage|
|3D Sline – 3D Lline Rhinoplasty
|4D Sline – 4D Lline Rhinoplasty
|6D Sline 6D – 6D Lline Rhinoplasty
|Super Structural S-line/L-line Rhinoplasty
Is structural rhinoplasty painful?
Painless rhinoplasty at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital
Does the new nose shape last permanently after structural rhinoplasty?
Can the cartilage be removed after structural rhinoplasty?
How long does it take for the nose to recover?
Can those who have the first-time rhinoplasty undergo structural rhinoplasty?
They can totally undergo structural rhinoplasty if they are qualified for the surgery.
Does the new nose shape shrink overtime after having structural rhinoplasty using autologous cartilage?
Images of our customers before & after structural rhinoplasty
3D Structural rhinoplasty
Customers’ feedback after structural rhinoplasty
This is everything you need to know about structural rhinoplasty. We hope you’ve had enough useful information about one of the most popular rhinoplasty methods nowadays.