Why do many people use lemon for teeth whitening at home?
The method of teeth whitening with lemon has the following advantages:
Teeth whitening with lemon can be very effective for teeth that are slightly stained and yellowed because the high natural acid content in lemons can whiten the teeth effectively.
Low cost: Lemon is often used in meals, so it is always available in the kitchen of every family. Therefore, you hardly have to spend much effort or money when using lemon for teeth whitening.
Simple to do at home: The method of teeth whitening with lemon is extremely simple and easy to perform, so anyone can do it without spending a lot of time and effort.
Common methods of teeth whitening with lemon
There are 4 ways to perform teeth whitening with lemon that have been applied by many people and have good results:
Teeth whitening with fresh lemon juice
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid and vitamin C, which makes the breath fresher and removes yellow stains on your teeth.
- Step 1: Take half of a lemon and squeeze it for the juice, remember to remove all the seeds.
- Step 2: Use a cotton swab or clean towel to soak in the lemon juice, then rub it evenly on the surface and between the teeth.
- Step 3: Wait about 3 – 5 minutes, then rinse your mouth with clean water.
On the other hand, you can mix the lemon juice with half a cup of warm water to create a mixture. Then, rinse your mouth with this mixture after every meal. The mixture will remove the food debris effectively.
Teeth whitening with lemon peel
Lemon peel contains a lot of pectin, flavonoid, and pectate Ca compounds that can clean yellow stains on teeth.
- Step 1: After squeezing all the juice, put the lemon peel under the sun to dry. Cut the lemon peel into small and thin pieces, then mash them.
- Step 2: Pour a little water into the mashed lemon peels. Then stir them until the mixture is thickened.
- Step 3: Use a soft-bristled brush to soak into the mixture and brush your teeth. Brush your teeth carefully for 2 – 3 minutes, then rinse your mouth with clean water.
- Apply 3 times a week for the best teeth whitening result.
Teeth whitening with salt and lemon
Teeth whitening with lemon and salt not only whitens the teeth but also prevents the gum from getting swollen (gingivitis) and prevents tooth sensitivity.
- Step 1: Take 1 lemon and squeeze for the juice.
- Step 2: Add the lemon juice and table salt into a cup and stir the mixture carefully.
- Step 3: Rinse your mouth with this mixture after brushing your teeth every day in the morning, evening, and after every meal.
- At night before going to bed, rinse your mouth with this mixture for a better teeth whitening result.
- You should not apply this method too regularly. It’s best to apply it twice a day because the acid in lemon can erode your teeth.
Teeth whitening with lemon and baking soda
Baking soda is a very familiar ingredient and it can be considered the “miraculous” teeth whitening agent.
- Step 1: Squeeze half a lemon for its juice.
- Step 2: Mix the lemon juice with 2 baking soda teaspoons.
- Step 3: Add a little filtered water and stir the mixture until it becomes a paste mixture.
- Step 4: Use this mixture as normal toothpaste. Use your brush to brush this mixture on your teeth evenly for 2 – 3 minutes, the acid in the mixture shall remove the plaque on the tooth surface.
- Apply this method 2-3 times a week to improve your breath and whiten your teeth.
Notes before using lemon for teeth whitening
Before using lemon for teeth whitening, you need to remember the followings:
- Do not abuse these methods of teeth whitening with lemon because the acid in lemon can erode your tooth enamel or cause toothache.
- Carefully and persistently follow the right instructions for the best result.
- These methods can only be applied effectively to mildly stained teeth. If these methods do not give what you expect, you should consider having high-tech teeth whitening services for the best result.
Direct contact to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for further consultation
- Address: 576 – 578 Cong Hoa Street, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline/Zalo: 0901 666 879
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: gangwhoohospital.vn
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GangwhooHospital
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@benhviengangwho
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/benhvienthammygangwhoo
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about how to apply teeth whitening methods with lemon at home. If you are interested in high-tech teeth whitening or dental services, please leave a comment below, contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, or via Hotline: 0901.666.879 for the most thoughtful advice and guidance!