Hello doctor! I just finished undergoing structural rhinoplasty. Although my nose is still a bit swollen, I have recognized that my nose shape has improved a lot. I want to know how long it takes for my nose to get in shape after structural rhinoplasty. I’m looking forward to your answer. Thank you so much, doctor!
(Ms. Dang Thi Thuy, District 2, HCM City)
Dear Ms. Thuy, thank you for trusting and sending your question to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital. Lots of customers are also concerned how long it would take for the nose to get in shape. The following article shall provide the answer you are looking for.
Understanding structural rhinoplasty
What is structural rhinoplasty? Structural rhinoplasty is the leading modern rhinoplasty surgery nowadays. This technique involves reconstructing the entire shape of the nose, correcting all the defects of the nose, thereby bringing a natural beautiful nose shape without leaving any scars.
To correct the nose shape, structural rhinoplasty involves using a combination of the biological cartilage to raise the nose bridge and autologous cartilage to coat the nose tip. Both these cartilage materials are highly compatible with the body, thus helping to prevent the risk of complications such as redness of the nose tip, dropped nose tip, rejection of cartilage, etc.
How long would it take for the nose to get in shape after structural rhinoplasty?
This is one of the biggest concerns of most customers who choose to have this rhinoplasty method.
After undergoing rhinoplasty, the nose will be swollen and bruised around the nose area. Then you should regularly apply ice compresses for the first 2 days, the next 2 days you should apply warm compresses. You need to remember to take care of your nose carefully so that it can heal quickly.
About 7-10 days after rhinoplasty, the nose shape is relatively stable. You can return to the cosmetic hospital for a follow-up examination and suture removal. About 3-4 weeks after rhinoplasty, your nose has completely healed and gotten in a beautiful shape.
During this time, you need to continue to take care of your nose. To make your nose naturally beautiful after rhinoplasty, it will take about 3-6 months. At that time, the nose will have completely healed, firm, and in the best shape.
Read more ~> Semi structural rhinoplasty
How to properly take care of your nose after structural rhinoplasty?
- Avoid getting your nose in contact with water and dirt.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Maintain good hygiene. Regularly change the bandage and clean the wound with physiological saline about 3-4 times a day.
- Avoid touching or twisting the nose.
- Avoid exercising intensely, temporarily avoid intense sports for at least 1 month. Avoid carrying heavy objects.
- Avoid wearing makeup and heavy glasses for at least 1 month after rhinoplasty.
- Eat more fruits, green vegetables, foods rich in protein such as lean pork, tofu, mushrooms … Drink 2-3 liters of water per day.
- Avoid eating foods that cause allergies, scars such as beef, water spinach, chicken, seafood, sticky foods, etc. Avoid using stimulants.
- Take medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take other medicines without consulting your doctor.
- Take the following check-ups as scheduled or as soon as abnormalities are detected at the nose areas.
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about how long it takes for the nose to get in shape after structural rhinoplasty. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital via our Hotline: 0901666879 for the most thoughtful advice and guidance.