“Is there pain during rhinoplasty suture removal” is the topic that many care about as suture removal is something that must be done after every rhinoplasty. If you are concern about the pain during the suture removal, you should take a look at the article below to figure out the answer to this issue!
Is there pain during rhinoplasty suture removal?
Nowadays, there are a lot of people choosing rhinoplasty as a way to improve their appearance. Same as any other surgeries, patients when having rhinoplasty concern the most about the pain during and after the procedure. Asides from worrying about the pain during the surgery, they are also anxious about the pain during the suture removal.
So is there pain during rhinoplasty suture removal? From 7 – 10 days after the surgery, the doctor will ask you to go back to the hospital to remove the suture. This is when the nose has practically recovered. Therefore, the suture removal will not cause any pain at all. You can get rid of all of your worry now!
Moreover, when removing the suture, the doctors will perform it very meticulously and gently so that you will not feel any pain.
Factors that can affect the pain during rhinoplasty suture removal
Whether there is pain during rhinoplasty suture removal or not depends greatly on the following elements:
- The type of cosmetic thread used in the surgery: If fine threads are used to close the incision after rhinoplasty the amount of damage is very limited, making the suture removal much easier.
- The technique that the surgeon used: If a surgeon with great expertise is the one doing the surgery and closing the incision, the suture removal step will not cause any pain.
- Rhinoplasty technology involves: The more advanced the tech used in the rhinoplasty, the less invasion and risk of complication will occur. Therefore, the suture removal will be much gentler.
- Post-operative care: A dedicated post-operative care will allow the wound to heal much faster and subside the swelling quicker, making the suture removal much less painful.
How long can the suture be removed after rhinoplasty?
According to rhinoplasty experts, depends on the technique of rhinoplasty that the time required before suture removal is also different between cases. Normally, the doctor will schedule the follow-up appointment and suture removal after 1 week.
However, for cases using more complex technology, the time needed for recovery tends to be much longer. For these cases, the patient can return to the hospital for suture removal after 7 – 10 days.
Rhinoplasty suture removal procedure
- Step 1: The doctor will carefully clean the incision site.
- Step 2: The skin will be softened using a specialized antibiotic ointment.
- Step 3: The doctor will check the technique of rhinoplasty that the customer used to come up with the appropriate removal method.
- Step 4: The suture will be removed using specialized threads.
- Step 5: The procedure will be completed with the final step being ointment and anti-scar cream application to prevent the risk of infection.
Can you remove sutures by yourself at home?
The obvious answer would be no. Although rhinoplasty suture removal is something relatively simple, it still requires help from specialized tools and equipment, as well as dexterity. Therefore, you must return to the cosmetic facility for a follow-up appointment and have your suture removed. You should never do this technique at home as it will cause many potential risks and issues.
The article above gives the answer to the question “is there pain during rhinoplasty suture removal”. We hope that the reading provides the information that you need. Thank you for your attention.