A lot of people have bad breath due to tartar accumulation and they also wonder whether having tartar removal can cure bad breath or not. Let’s get to know the answer with Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital in the following article!
What is tartar/plaque?
Tartar, also known as plaque, is a solid sticky plaque accumulated on the surface of the teeth and the gum line. If tartar sticks firmly to the gum line, other tartar can stick and get more difficult to clean. Thereby, it causes many unpleasant diseases for oral health such as gingivitis, tooth decay, bleeding gums.
Tartar is actually an accumulation of food particles stuck between teeth when you do not clean your teeth. Over time, hard plaque will form on the gums or teeth. In the long run, if this condition is not handled thoroughly, the bacteria will combine with plaque to cause teeth to become stained and yellow.
Not to mention, bad breath is also caused by tartar containing sulfide base (S) with a rotten egg smell, which will badly affect daily communication. Therefore, tartar causes bad breath.
How to recognize tartar/plaque
Tartar is hard plaque so you can easily notice them around the teeth or on the gum line. The most obvious sign is when you look in the mirror, you will see the yellow or brown plaque on the gum line or around the teeth. Tartar adheres tightly, even if you brush your teeth thoroughly, it will not be removed.
Based on the severity level and color, tartar is divided into two types:
- Normal tartar: The most common type of tartar with milky white or light yellow color, firmly attached at the contact point between the gums and teeth.
- Serum tartar(or sub-gum plaque): A more severe form of tartar with a reddish-brown color. If left untreated for a long time, serum tartar can lead to bleeding gums and gingivitis.
Bad breath can be caused due to hard tartar accumulation
Normally, bacteria in the oral cavity and tartar plaque that are not removed for a long time are the main cause of bad breath and yellow teeth. Signs of bad breath caused by tartar are:
- Breath has a bad smell most times of the day or at a different time of day.
- Having oral diseases such as gingivitis, periodontitis, tooth decay…
- Heavy tartar accumulation creates an environment for bacteria to exist and grow in the oral cavity.
Is it possible to cure bad breath by doing tartar removal?
When your breath smells bad, you should go to the dental clinic to have it checked. Usually, the main cause of bad breath is tartar, you will be recommended by your dentist to have a tartar removal. One of the most common methods is the ultrasonic tartar removal recommended by many dentists.
Tartar is one of the direct causes of bad breath, so having removal of tartar as well as having a healthy diet, and proper oral care, bad breath can be cured. Moreover, having periodic tartar removal also helps prevent other serious dental diseases that may occur.
As dentists’ advice, you should have a dental check once every 6 months. In case you have serious and severe periodontal disease, you should have tartar removal every 3 months to ensure the best oral health.
Notes to remember after having tartar removal
- About the first 1 to 2 days after having tartar removal, your enamel may get more sensitive than usual. Therefore, you should not smoke to prevent bacteria to grow.
- Brushing teeth vertically with a soft-bristled brush at least twice a day.
- After eating, use dental floss to remove food stuck between teeth.
- In addition, you should also use saline solution or mouthwash to clean the oral cavity. This both helps clean teeth and helps prevent bad breath.
- Having tartar removal at least once every 6 months to protect oral health.
Solutions to prevent bad breath
To keep your breath fresh, you should follow some of the following tips:
Have a healthy diet
A healthy and scientific diet can improve bad breath. For example, if the daily diet includes high-protein food but low-starch food, it can cause bad breath. Therefore, you need to build a suitable diet:
- You need to have kinds of food rich in grains and fruits such as oranges, apples, guava… Vegetables such as tomatoes, carrots… or crunchy vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber … They not only help to reduce the development of tartar but also make your teeth become much whiter.
- Eating yogurt is also a very good choice if you want to prevent bad breath. Probiotic bacteria in yogurt help reduce the amount of hydrogen sulfide that causes bad breath.
- After having your meal, you can enjoy a hot cup of tea because tea contains antioxidants, which prevent bacteria that cause bad breath.
- To prevent bad breath, you should limit the use of stimulants such as coffee, alcohol, tobacco… and some foods such as garlic, onions, spicy, dishes that contain much protein and fat.
Proper oral care
Having proper oral care every day is one of the most effective ways to prevent bad breath. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use a suitable toothbrush.
- Brush your teeth properly (recommended by dentists)
- Use appropriate mouthwash.
- Use dental floss to remove food particles between teeth after every meal.
Drink plenty of water
Water improves blood circulation and improves bad breath. Drinking plenty of water helps you prevent dry mouth (one of the causes of bad breath).
Therefore, you should drink a lot of water during the day to keep the oral cavity moisturized, remove food particles in the mouth, and enhance saliva production. It is advised to increase water intake equally at different times.
You may not know, enzymes found in saliva help eliminate bacteria that cause bad breath. Thereby, your breath will become fresher.
Having full treatment for oral diseases
Where should we have tartar removal?
It is known that having tartar removal is a way to treat bad breath chosen by many people as well as dentists. To have quality and safe tartar removal services, you need to go to a reputable facility.
If you still haven’t chosen a place to have tartar removal, then Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital is a perfect choice for you. Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital is a reputable dental facility that provides safe and effective dental services.
At Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, the tartar removal procedure is performed by highly skilled doctors and dentists who have years of experience in the field of dental orthodontics. On top of that, Gangwhoo is also equipped with state-of-the-art machinery systems and tools under the regulation of the Ministry of Health. This is to ensure the best results without any swelling, pain, inflammation, tooth sensitivity after the treatment.
At Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, we provide other beauty services for customers to experience. Every flaw and defect shall be overcome and improved.
Direct contact to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for further consultation
- Address: 576 – 578 Cong Hoa Street, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline/Zalo: 0901 666 879
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: gangwhoohospital.vn
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GangwhooHospital
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@benhviengangwho
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/benhvienthammygangwhoo
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about whether you can cure bad breath with a tartar removal service. If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment or contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital or our Hotline: 0901.666.879 for the most thoughtful advice and guidance!