“Can I have food after teeth removal?” This is a great concern for customers who are about to remove teeth or have had their teeth removed and need to have a suitable diet. In this article, let’s take a look at the information on this issue
WHAT IS A WISDOM TOOTH?
Wisdom teeth are the last molars on each side of the jaw, these teeth grow between the ages of 17 and 25 with unclear function and are very annoying.
METHODS OF WISDOM TEETH REMOVAL
1. Remove wisdom teeth by the traditional method.
In this way, the dentist will use force from the pliers and remove the wisdom tooth. This method is very cost-effective. The downside is causing trauma such as bleeding, swelling, and prolonged pain
2. Wisdom teeth removal by ultrasonic wave method
This method works on a very gentle and modern principle. Using an ultra-thin drill (only 0.2 – 0.5mm) vibrates according to the principle of ultrasonic waves, which acts very gently on the hard tissue of the tooth and does not hurt the soft tissue, then removes the tooth and cause no pain or discomfort to the client after removal.
CAN I EAT RICE AFTER TEETH REMOVAL?
After the teeth removal, you can’t eat rice, because it will lead to a blood clot at the removal site dissolving and the risk of infection is high.
HOW MANY HOURS TO EAT AFTER TEETH REMOVAL?
According to experts, about 4-5 hours after teeth removal, the patient can eat soft foods such as soup, rice, porridge, etc. But they can’t eat rice.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH AFTER TEETH REMOVAL?
Dentists advise customers who have their teeth removed that they can still brush their teeth as usual. But it is best to brush their teeth after 24 hours after teeth removal. Before that, patients need to pay attention to brushing teeth to avoid areas where teeth have been removed, only brush teeth in other areas, and avoid touching wounds.
CAN I DRINK MILK AFTER TEETH REMOVAL?
Dentists advise us to drink milk after teeth removal. Because milk is a rich source of calcium and nutrients, it is very beneficial for teeth. So milk completely replaces the main meals if the patient can not have porridge and soup.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO EAT CHICKEN AFTER TEETH REMOVAL?
In fact, chicken meat absolutely does not contain substances that cause festering, eating chicken after teeth removal is also completely normal. Customers just need to be careful not to chew directly at the tooth removal area. You should eat small pieces to make sure it does not affect the wound. We can also grind chicken to cook porridge – soup combined with vegetables to supplement the necessary nutrition for the teeth, and do not need to eat much.
NOTES TO KNOW AFTER TEETH REMOVAL?
1. Care routine.
Remember to bite the gauze for about 30-45 minutes after tooth extraction. When the anesthetic wears off, the client may feel pain and bleed for about 1-2 days.
The client’s cheek may also be swollen, at which point a hematoma may be seen. Clients should apply ice packs to cheeks after removal, this will definitely reduce pain and swelling. It is necessary to take medicine according to the prescription prescribed by the doctor, to help the client reduce the pain effectively.
You should clean the teeth by brushing normally, but if the bleeding is bright red, you should use sterile gauze folded and applied to the wound, pressing tightly for 15-20 minutes so that the blood can clot; If bleeding persists, the patient should be re-examined immediately. Note do not rinse your mouth while the blood clot has not formed. Do not apply any physical force to a wound that is forming a blood clot.
2. Về chế độ nghỉ ngơi
The client should rest enough for the socket to heal and to stop bleeding stably. Customers need to have a long rest plan. Swelling can be reduced by applying ice: Swelling after teeth removal is also quite common, it is necessary to apply ice continuously to reduce swelling.
See more: Is first premolar removal dangerous?
- Porridge: easy to eat, easy to swallow, no need to chew. You can add eggs, minced meat, fish, vegetables … to not get bored, full of nutrients.
- Soup: also easy to eat, easy to digest, does not irritate the area just removed wisdom teeth.
The soup is also very rich in vitamins and minerals, meeting the nutritional needs of not eating a lot of fruits and vegetables. Recommended soups such as crab soup, pumpkin soup, potato soup, and abalone fish fin soup…; Pay attention not to eat soup that is too hot, it will irritate the newly operated gum area.
- Fresh milk, corn milk, almond milk, green bean milk…
- Yogurt – this is a food that contains a lot of protein, vitamins, and minerals (calcium, zinc, etc.) to help promote wound healing.
- Mashed potatoes: soft and nutritious food
- Egg rolls: foods rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help heal wounds, can add 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil when frying eggs.
- Apples: use smoothies or juices so you don’t have to chew – good for your wound
- Bananas: are nutritious and provide many vitamins and minerals: kali, vitamin B6 and folate.
- Avocado: contains good fats and is a rich source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and potassium, soft and smooth, so it is also ideal to eat after wisdom teeth removal, avocado can promote wound healing
- Smoothies: easy to digest, nutritious
- Cheese is rich in vitamins and minerals. It is soft and smooth, making it easy to chew and swallow in pain after teeth removal.
- Salmon is rich in protein and healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. These fats aid in wound healing by reducing inflammation
- Pureed or mashed vegetables, ensure a source of fiber and vitamins for the body, without having to chew.
Food to avoid
- Spicy foods: cause pain and irritation.
- Crispy and fragile foods: chips, snacks, cookies, etc. are easily broken into pieces, sticking to the wound, disrupting the healing process.
- Grains and seeds: also stick to the extraction site.
- Hard, chewy foods such as beef steak, and chicken… should be limited
- Fruits have seeds because the seeds easily get stuck in the removal area.
- Alcohol: absolutely do not drink so that the wound does not become infected
DIRECT CONTACT TO GANGWHOO COSMETIC HOSPITAL FOR FURTHER CONSULTATION
- Address: 576 – 578 Cong Hoa Street, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline/zalo: 0901 666 879
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: gangwhoohospital.vn
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GangwhooHospital
- Tiktok: https://tiktok.com/@benhviengangwhoo
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/benhvienthammygangwhoo