Hello doctor, my nose is quite ugly so I want to have a rhinoplasty to make it more beautiful. Can you tell me how long it takes after rhinoplasty for my nose to get in shape? Thank you so much. (Ngoc Thanh, 24 years old, Ho Chi Minh City)
Hello Thanh, thank you for your question. Doctors of Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital shall answer and explain in the following article.
How Long After Rhinoplasty for The Nose to Get in Shape?
Rhinoplasty is the most popular cosmetic service nowadays. Rhinoplasty is not only popular among younglings but also the elderly. The most concerned problem of customers after rhinoplasty is how long before their noses will get in shape.
To answer Ngoc Thanh’s question, First Level Specialist Phung Manh Cuong of Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital explains:
All types of surgery require a certain amount of time for the body to recover. Rhinoplasty is no exception. After rhinoplasty, there is usually swelling and bruising in the nose, but in about 1 week on average, the swelling will disappear, and customers can return for following check-ups and thread removal.
In fact, the recovery time after rhinoplasty depends on plenty of factors such as the rhinoplasty technique, natural health, post-operative care.
Rhinoplasty technique is the first factor that affects the recovery process after rhinoplasty. It depends on the experience and qualification of the surgeon. The precise, less invasive, technique to the surrounding areas can ensure the safety and aesthetics for customers.
The recovery time after rhinoplasty also depends on the customer’s natural health. Some can recover quickly, some may recover a bit more slowly.
Post-operative care also affects the recovery process. Furthermore, thoroughly taking care of your nose after rhinoplasty can help it get back in shape quickly without any risks.
Post-operative care instruction
To shorten the recovery process after rhinoplasty, you need to comply with the following instruction:
- Avoid intense activity, carrying heavy objects, intense sports training, fitness training.
- Regularly clean your nose with physiological saline.
- Regularly applying cold compresses.
- Avoid touching or twisting your nose.
- Avoid lying on the side while sleeping or put your hands on your forehead.
- Avoid wearing makeup and glasses.
- Increase resting in the first few days after rhinoplasty
- Take medicines according to the doctor’s prescription. Do not take other medicines without consulting a doctor.
- Take following-check up as scheduled.
- Avoid certain kinds of food such as beef, water spinach, seafood, sticky rice, chicken,…
- Avoid stimulants, alcohol.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits.
- Drink 2 – 3 liters of water every day.
How long does it take before the nose gets in shape after rhinoplasty?
After there is no more swelling, the nose shall start to get in shape. This process shall last depending on each customer. Normally, this process shall last around 3 – 6 months if the rhinoplasty technique used, natural, and post-operative care are guaranteed well.
Images of our customers before & after rhinoplasty at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital
After about 1 week for the swelling to go away and 3 – 6 months for your nose to get in shape. The recovery process shall depend on the rhinoplasty technique used, natural health, and post-operative care.
If you have any further questions, concerns or you are looking for a place for good rhinoplasty services, Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital is your best choice. Please contact our Hotline: 0901.666.878 for the most thoughtful consultation.