Self-care tips after undergoing circumcision
After undergoing circumcision, the patient must rest from 7 to 10 days for the wound to heal. During this period, the patient must clean the surgical areas carefully to prevent the wound from becoming infected and allow it to heal quickly.
After circumcision, the glans penis may be sore, red, or bruised, but this is only mild. If the patient experience this condition, worry not because the condition will subside 3-4 days after the surgery.
Patients especially must take medicine as prescribed by the doctor and follow the doctor’s instruction to clean the penis after circumcision:
- The patient must keep the wound dried within 24 hours after undergoing circumcision.
- Keep the penis from rubbing against the pants to avoid bleeding, the patient can use Vaseline to apply around the glans penis and must wear thin, loose pants for the first 2-3 days after the surgery.
- During the first 10 days, the patient should cover the wound with thin bandages to prevent bleeding. If you see a lot of blood in the bandage, it is necessary to clean the wound and change the bandage immediately. If the bandage is stuck to the wound, the patient should use physiological saline or clean water to soften the bandage to remove it and replace it with a new one.
Note: when changing the bandage, avoid forcefully pulling the bandage out because it will cause bleeding and pain in the wound.
Notes to remember after circumcision
After circumcision, the penis is damaged so the patient must clean the surgical areas thoroughly with clean water and soap. However, patients must remember carefully the following things after undergoing circumcision:
- Avoid using soaps with fragrances or fragrances to avoid irritation and infection of the wound.
- After bathing, you must dry the wound thoroughly to avoid signs of infection after circumcision.
- To prevent swelling of the penis, it is necessary to fix the penis on the upper thigh and prevent urine from making the wound wet. In such cases, immediately replace the bandage with a new one.
- Avoid having sex for at least 1 month. Patients must wait for the wound after circumcision to heal completely before starting to have sex again.
- The healing process of the wound after circumcision depends on each person, it usually takes 4 weeks for the wound to heal.
How long before the wound recovers from swelling?
How long before the wound recovered from swelling after circumcision? This is one of the most concerning questions among men nowadays. It depends on lots of factors for the surgical areas to recover from swelling and bruising after circumcision. Normally, from 7 days to 10 days, the swelling and bruises shall subside.
The swelling and bruises will subside depending on the following factors:
- The circumcision technique
- The patient’s condition
- Health condition
- Postoperative care
How long to recover completely after undergoing circumcision?
According to experts at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, it takes about 7-10 days for the wound to recover from swellings and bruises, after that, the patient will no longer feel any pain.
About 1 month later, the patient can return to normal activities.
If the wound is still bleeding and has signs of discharge after circumcision, this is a sign of infection after circumcision. Patients must immediately go to a medical facility to see a doctor.
Signs of infection after circumcision
If the wound is swollen and has pus, this is a sign of infection after circumcision. Causes of infection after circumcision are:
- Unhealthy living habits
- Early sex
- Not cleaning the wound thoroughly
- Unsafe diets
Signs of infection after circumcision patients should notice:
- Frequent pain in the penis after circumcision
- The penis after circumcision has an unpleasant smell. At the same time, there was bleeding, and blood was mixed in the sutures.
- After circumcision, the patient had a high fever. This is a serious infection after circumcision.
The patient must pay attention to these signs after circumcision to immediately contact the medical center for timely treatment if there are any signs of infection.
How to prevent the risks of infection after circumcision
Infection after circumcision will affect health and activities. To prevent the risks of infection after circumcision, the patient should follow the instructions as follows:
- Let the body rest, avoid walking too much, do not participate in outdoor activities
- Avoid having sex for at least the first month
- Clean the wound and penis thoroughly with warm water and change the bandage frequently to avoid infection
- Build a reasonable diet to keep the body healthy and avoid infections
After circumcision, the postoperative period is extremely important. Patients need to follow the doctor’s instructions and take medicine as prescribed by the doctor to reduce swelling, prevent wound infections and speed up the recovery process.
Direct contact to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for further consultation
- Address: 576 – 578 Cong Hoa Street, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline/Zalo: 0901 666 879
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: gangwhoohospital.vn
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GangwhooHospital
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@benhviengangwho
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/benhvienthammygangwhoo
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about our circumcision service. If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment or contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital or our Hotline: 0901.666.879 for the most thoughtful advice and guidance.