In addition to pitted/concave scars, keloid scars are also one of the things that make people who have them become irritated due to their effects on the aesthetic of the person. To be able to deal with keloid scars, you should use cream made from natural ingredients. In today’s article, Gangwhoo will tell you how to treat keloid scars with aloe!
The benefits of aloe on keloid scars
Keloid scars are formed when the skin is damaged, causing the body to overproduce collagen and elastin. The wound will protrude, becoming higher than other areas. Therefore, it can be said that the development and formation of elastin and collagen greatly affect the healing of the keloid scars. Therefore, aloe should be a great remedy for this problem.
So how can you treat keloid scars with aloe?
- Aloe contains a great number of vitamins such as vitamin E, C, A, and other nutrients.
- Its anti-inflammatory nature can prevent skin reactions, making the skin stronger and healthier.
- Subside the swelling and heal skin damages, recreating the new and stronger skin layer.
- Create the moisture deep inside the skin, making it more elastic.
- Balance the synthesis of elastin and collagen, reducing the size of the keloid scars.
- Prevent the self-destructing nature of the skin as you get older, making the skin looks more youthful.
- Reduce the sizes of the pores and treat dark scars effectively!
3 methods to treat keloid scars with aloe
1. Treat keloid scars with pure aloe gel
Using pure aloe gel is one of the methods to get rid of the keloid scars effectively and quickly. If you don’t have the time to combine aloe with other ingredients, you can totally use pure aloe gel to get rid of the keloids.
Check out: Keloid scars after rhinoplasty
To treat keloid scars with aloe gel, you will only have to rub the aloe gel directly on the scarring skin region and massage the skin for 20 to 25 minutes. This way, you can get rid of the keloid scars on the skin effectively, regaining the wonderful white skin that you once had.
2. Treat keloid scars with aloe and honey
Honey is used frequently in many formulas, especially for moistening, whitening, keloid treating, and skin reconstructing. The compositions within honey are antibacterial, moist, and helps with skin rejuvenation. Combining honey with aloe is an effective way to treat keloid scars with aloe!
– 1 tsp of honey
– 1 – 2 aloe leaf
How to do it:
– Peel the outer layer of the aloe, then use a knife to abrade the gel inside the aloe.
– Mix the aloe gel and honey together.
– Wash the skin region with keloid scars carefully then use this mixture to apply on the face. Relax for 15 minutes then wash it with warm water.
– Do this 2 – 3 times a week.
3. Treat keloid scars with aloe and lemon/lime
Lemon/lime is highly antibacterial, allowing it to clean and remove the scars without causing any damage. the application is similar to the one with honey. The one difference is that you can replace honey with 1 – 2 tsp of lemon/lime juice, apply them on the scars, wash it again after 15 – 20 minutes. Do this 3 times a week for the best results.
Some notices when having keloid scars treatment with aloe
Aloe is an effective ingredient in skin therapy. However, some people might be allergic to such. To avoid unwanted problems yet still hasten the speed of the treatment, you should:
- Before using any mixture that contains aloe, try it out on your wrist for at least 30 minutes. If no problem occurs, test a small amount of it on your face. If all goes well, you can apply it to your face.
- If any sunlight shines upon the skin when having treatment with aloe, it will destroy the structure of the new tissues. Keloid scars, instead of getting treated, will become darker. You should use sunscreen or cover your face carefully when going out.
- Make sure that all the ingredients used are safe and clean.
- When having treatment, if any problems like fever, rash, nausea, or dizziness occur, you should wash it with clean water and head to meet a doctor immediately!
If you are having these remedies for a long time without any improvement, you should check out the CO2 Laser treatment at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital – the effective solution with only 1 – 2 treatments.
With our information on how to treat keloid scars with aloe at home, we hope that you have found yourself the most suitable method!