After having rhinoplasty, most of us would want to see its beautiful result immediately. Therefore, many people wonder about the time needed for the nose to be beautiful after rhinoplasty. Let’s find out the answer in the article below!
The benefits of rhinoplasty
It is undeniable that rhinoplasty will allow the person to achieve a brand new look. Many who possess low and ugly noses are no longer feel ashamed about their appearance after owning the new, harmonious and elegant nose shape as their face are now more natural-looking and gorgeous.
The recovery time needed after rhinoplasty
The recovery time needed after rhinoplasty depends on many factors, such as the skill and the dexterity of the surgeon, the body condition of the patient, and the diet after surgery.
These factors directly impact the healing speed of the wound after rhinoplasty. Therefore, for the nose to recover quickly, you will need to have these elements in check.
If nothing abnormal happens then the nose will be relatively received 7 – 10 days after rhinoplasty. This is when you can return to the facility to have a follow-up appointment and sutures removal.
So the recovery time after rhinoplasty is 5 – 7 days.
The time needed for the nose to be beautiful after rhinoplasty
Once the wound is healed and recovered, the nose will need more time to achieve its final aesthetic result. During this time, you will need to continue taking care of your nose and maintain a logical diet 2 weeks after the rhinoplasty.
You will also need to avoid any contact with the nose if you wish for the nose to be in shape.
If you can ensure the best recovery process for the nose, after 3 – 6 months (time varies), the nose will be stable as the rhinoplasty cartilage is more stably connected with the nasal tissues, giving you the best aesthetic results.
So the time needed for the nose to be beautiful after rhinoplasty is 3 – 6 months.
Useful things to do before having rhinoplasty
1. Choose a reputable facility
As mentioned above, whether your nose shape will be beautiful or not depends greatly on the expertise of the cosmetic surgeon. Therefore, please choose a reputable facility with lots of reputation to receive be most precise and desired results from the skillful and experienced rhinoplasty experts.
2. Inform the doctors about your health condition
To avoid any risk during the rhinoplasty, please notify your doctors about any medical condition that you have, any medication that you are using, and the surgical history of yours.
3. Maintain a careful aftercare regimen
The aftercare and diet after rhinoplasty are extremely important to make sure that the nose recovers quickly and be in shape without any pain or swelling. In addition, this will also minimize the risks of any unwanted complications.
How to take care of your nose after rhinoplasty
- Maintain good sanitation by wipe the nose with saline twice a day.
- Keep the wound away from sunlight.
- Apply cold compression in the first 1 – 3 days to relieve the pain. On the 4th day, it is possible to switch to warm compression to reduce the bruises.
- Keep the wound away from water.
- Dont’s scratch, rub, or twist the nose.
- Avoid doing vigorous exercises. Do light exercises instead.
- Lay flat on the back when sleeping to allow the nose to heal quickly.
- Take prescribed medications. Do not use any other medications without consulting the doctors.
- Attend follow-up appointments.
- Abstain from eating beef, frogs, chicken, duck, seafood, water spinach, oily and spicy products, smoking tobacco, or using beers and other stimulants.
- Supplement your body with lots of pork, vegetables, and fruits.
- Drink plenty of water (2 – 3 liters a day).
Questions related to rhinoplasty that you should know about
1. How long can you lie sideways after rhinoplasty?
One month after the rhinoplasty, the nose shape will be relatively stable. Therefore, you can lie sideways to be more comfortable.
2. How long will the nose be in shape after rhinoplasty?
Normally, it would take 20 – 30 days to allow the nose to fully recover without any swelling, bruises, or pain.
3. How long until you can live normally after rhinoplasty?
After rhinoplasty, you can get back to work and study without any problem as long as you ensure that nothing will happen to your nose and follow the strict diet given by doctors.
After 10 days, you can return to the hospital and have the sutures removed.
4. How long will it take after rhinoplasty for the nose tip to be less swollen?
Depends on the body condition of each person that the swelling or edema will subside soon or late. Without any complications, the swelling will begin to subside after 10 days.
5. How long until the nose becomes soft after rhinoplasty?
After one month, the nose will be completely recovered, in shape, and naturally soft.
From the information about the time needed for the nose to be beautiful after rhinoplasty that our doctors and experts just shared with you, you can now be confident that the results of the rhinoplasty will last for a long time. However, one condition needed for that to happen is the cosmetic center itself. Check out Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital to know more about rhinoplasty today!