What are overbite and gummy smile treatments?
Overbite is a condition in which the upper jaw bone overgrows, protrudes outward and does not match the lower jaw. Depending on the extent of the upper jaw, the doctor will recommend an appropriate treatment to overcome this condition.
Gummy smile is a condition when smiling, the gums are exposed too much, affecting the overall aesthetic of the face and making people lose confidence and have an unnatural smile over time.
If you suffer from both overbite and gummy smile, you must have a treatment as soon as possible.
The causes of overbite and gummy smile
There are many causes of gummy smile such as short and small teeth compared to the size of the crown, making the gums appear longer than normal, or due to the development of strong and thick gums that cover part of the tooth. It can also be due to subjective causes such as bad habits of pushing teeth or gums for a long time or due to improper braces affecting the gums.
Overbite can be genetics since birth or due to severe trauma or bad habits that cause the jawbone to protrude.
Overbite and gummy smile are two closely related dental conditions that are mainly influenced by the impact of the teeth and jawbone. For those who both have gummy smile and overbite, normal treatment methods will not be effective than surgical method.
Therefore, depending on the cause and condition of each person, the doctor will suggest the most appropriate treatment.
What is the treatment for overbite and gummy smile?
Overbite and gummy smile not only affect the function of teeth and jaws, but also greatly affect the aesthetics of the face, making people lose confidence in life. Therefore, surgery to treat overbite and gummy smile needs to be performed soon to help them quickly get rid of this condition.
Depending on the cause of the overbite and gummy smile, the doctor will apply different methods to ensure the best result:
- Due to the impact of the teeth: If it is only due to the impact of the teeth, the doctor will apply braces to straighten the teeth. But this method can only be carried out when the patient is over 12 years old.
- Due to the impact of the jaw: If it is only due to the impact of the jaw, the doctor will perform surgery to adjust the jawbone. This surgery is performed only once.
- Due to the impact of both teeth and jaws: In this case, the doctor will perform both surgical method and braces. However, depending on the condition of the patient, the doctor will prioritize surgery or braces first.
Why should you have surgery treatment for overbite and gummy smile at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital?
1. Bring the most natural smile for customers
2. Safe treatmennt
3. Painless surgery without scarring
4. No much resting is needed
5. Highly effective and long-lasting result
The treatment procedure is carried out quickly to give back the natural and long-lasting beauty for customers.