- You don’t know how many of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques there are?
- You can’t choose yourself a procedure among the most popular rhinoplasty techniques?
Nowadays, there are many different methods of rhinoplasty, confusing the customers. This article will help you to compare the most popular rhinoplasty techniques at the moment, analyzing each procedure’s pros and cons to help you make your choice easier. Stay tuned!
How many techniques of rhinoplasty nowadays?
With the development of cosmetic technology, many different rhinoplasty procedures are also invented, receiving warm welcomes from the customers. All of them will be listed in either of the 2 categories below: non-surgical and surgical rhinoplasty.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a cosmetic method that requires no incisions. Instead, fillers will be used to alternate the nose contour. There are 3 of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques using non-surgical methods.
These are the types of non-surgical rhinoplasty
- Filler injection
- Nose thread lift
- Fat injection
The advantages of non-surgical rhinoplasty
- Limits the number of invasions, incisions, and bleeding as it requires no surgical intervention.
- Brings highly aesthetic results with a beautifully and naturally high nose shape.
- Requires only a short operation.
- Needs no recovery period or strict diet.
- Offers a relatively lower cost than surgical ones.
The disadvantages of non-surgical rhinoplasty
- Suitable for specific nose shapes and cannot correct all the flaws of the nose.
- Cannot bring lasting results.
- Easy to encounter complications if done at disreputable facilities.
Different from the non-surgical way surgical rhinoplasty is the technique that requires the need of invasions during the operation.
The doctors will open the nasal cavity to place the artificial cartilage so that the projection of the dorsum will be improved. They can also perform some additional minor surgeries to correct the flaws of the nose tip and alar base to create the perfect nose shape.
Au Thanh Cat actor had rhinoplasty at Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital;
Nowadays, there are 2 most popular rhinoplasty techniques with surgical methods.
- Rhinoplasty with artificial cartilage
- Rhinoplasty with artificial and autologous cartilage
The advantages of surgical rhinoplasty
- Brings the perfect, natural, and symmetrical S-Line/L-Line nose contour.
- Corrects most of the nose flaws.
- Suitable for all subjects over 18 years old.
- Can be done relatively quickly from 45-60 minutes.
- Has great safety and low risk of complications.
- Requires only a short recovery period. The patients can return to their daily life soon after.
- Offers lasting, if not, permanent results.
The disadvantages of surgical rhinoplasty
- Must be done by great rhinoplasty surgeons at reputable facilities.
- Has a relatively high cost.
- The success rate is not guaranteed at disreputable facilities.
Above is the comparison between the pros and cons of the 2 types of technique. Now, we will show you in-depth information about each technique of rhinoplasty. So stick around.
Understanding surgical rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty with artificial cartilage
Rhinoplasty with artificial cartilage is the traditional rhinoplasty method. This technique involves the placement of an artificial cartilage implant to adjust the dorsum through a relatively simple minor surgery. This is one of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques.
Back then, rhinoplasty with artificial cartilage mainly uses silicone material. However, thanks to the rapid development of rhinoplasty technology, many other manmade cartilage materials have higher quality and better body compatibility. Some of them that can be listed are Surgiform, Nanoform, Pureform, etc.
The benefits of rhinoplasty with artificial cartilage
- Offers outstanding results with high and natural nose shape.
- Can improve lots of flaws of the nose.
- Is suitable for many candidates.
- Causes no pain thanks to the use of an anesthetic.
- Is a minor surgery with a short operation.
- Doesn’t requires too much recovery time.
- Has a reasonable price.
The drawbacks of rhinoplasty with artificial cartilage
- Cannot correct the snub and flat nose with blunt nose tip and thin skin.
- Not the most optimal rhinoplasty technique.
- Can cause some complications like nose redness, dorsum exposure, or shifting if overdone.
Rhinoplasty with artificial and autologous cartilage
Rhinoplasty with artificial and autologous cartilage is the solution to all the flaws that the previous technique cannot correct. Extracting autologous cartilage from the customer’s body is the technology transferred directly from Korea. This is one of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques.
Nowadays, there are 3 types of autologous cartilage that are frequently used:
- Ear cartilage: This is the most popular one and is used to coated the nose tip. This part of the body is suitable for those having the first-time rhinoplasty.
- Nasal septum cartilage: This is used to build the columella with ear cartilage to protect the nose tip better.
- Rib cartilage: This is extracted from rib numbers 6 and 7 and is used in nose revision due to failed surgery or trauma.
Many of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques make use of this method like:
- Cartilage rhinoplasty
- Structural rhinoplasty
- Rib cartilage rhinoplasty
The benefits of rhinoplasty with autologous cartilage
- Uses autologous cartilage with nearly 100% compatibility with the body. The patient, therefore, will be safe and free from complications like nose redness, dorsum exposure, allergy, or infection. This is why it is one of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques.
- Brings the perfectly natural and elegant S-Line/L-Line nose contour.
- Corrects all the possible flaws of the nose.
- Will not cause any pain thanks to local anesthesia.
- Is the most optimal technique recommended by experts.
- Offers everlasting aesthetic results.
- Doesn’t require too much healing time.
The drawbacks of rhinoplasty with autologous cartilage
- Is a highly skill-demanding technique.
- Comes with a much higher cost than others.
Understanding non-surgical rhinoplasty
Nose filler injection
Nose filler injection is one of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques nowadays and is widely applied worldwide, especially in Korea.
Nose filler injection involves the injection of an adequate amount of filler into the nasal dorsum, elevating it naturally. Filler is made from AHA, which is a substance that exists inside the human body, making it a safe choice of technique.
The benefits of nose filler injection
- Doesn’t require any surgical intervention, limiting the amount of pain and invasions.
- Is a safe technique.
- Brings a naturally beautiful nose contour.
- Offers quick procedure time.
- Has an affordable price.
The drawbacks of nose filler injection
- Is not suitable for everyone. Only those with decent nose shape and little flaws should undergo this procedure.
- Cannot offer a lasting result.
- Causes dangerous complications if the filler used is low-quality.
Autologous fat injection
Autologous fat injection is also a technique using filler. However, in this case, the filler is the fat from within the patient. If they decided to use this procedure, the patient’s excess fat will be extracted, with the healthiest cells chosen to be injected into the nose. This is one of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques.
The benefits of autologous fat injection
- Creates no incisions or open wounds.
- Hit 2 birds with 1 stone: improves the nose shape and reduces the body fat.\
- Offers quick procedure time.
- Requires little resting afterward.
- Has great safety.
The drawbacks of autologous fat injection
- Cannot correct the nose with too many flaws.
- Cannot last for too long.
Nose thread lift
Nose thread lift uses biological threads to inject into the muscle and the tissues of the nose by using specialized tools. Nose thread lift is also one of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques transferred from Korea.
The benefits of nose thread lift
- Doesn’t require any incisions, leaving no pain or scar.
- Can be done quickly in 30 minutes.
- Offers a relatively high and beautiful nose shape.
- Costs only a small amount of money.
The benefits of nose thread lift
- Cannot correct major flaws of the nose; therefore, it is not suitable for everyone.
- Can only last for under 1 year.
- Can causes many complications if done using low-quality threads at disreputable facilities.
What you need to know before having cosmetic nose makeovers.
Choose the appropriate techniques
The most popular rhinoplasty techniques nowadays can be ranged from surgical to non-surgical, with each method has its own pros and cons. If you are afraid of being under surgery, you should choose the non-surgical ones like filler or autologous fat injection.
In contrast, if you are not afraid of pain and surgery, surgical methods are the perfect choice for you.
However, regardless of the techniques, you will need to find yourself a reputable facility with experienced surgeons that will listen to your demands and needs.
Choose a reputable facility and skillful surgeons
When choosing one of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques, you should have your operation done at a place with reputation and expertise.
Nowadays, many cosmetic facilities are advertising themselves as having 3 million, 5 million, or 7 million VND rhinoplasty. However, no one can guarantee the quality of these locations, meaning that they come with many risks. You should avoid these places to keep yourself safe. Only then can your choice of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques can be successful.
Your routines after nose makeovers
Post-operative care is one of the most important steps in a standardized rhinoplasty procedure. You should take care of your nose carefully and have a logical diet to aid the recovery period. This can be applied to all of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques.
Take care of your nose properly
- Follow the doctor’s instructions on post-operative care.
- Take prescribed medications; do not take any other over-the-counter medications without the doctor’s approval.
- Attend follow-up appointments as scheduled.
- Clean the nose regularly with saline.
- Avoid letting the nose come in contact with heavy forces.
- Stop doing intensive exercises and sports.
- Don’t lift heavy objects.
- Sleep lying flat.
How to take care of the nose at home after rhinoplasty
Have a logical diet
- Stop eating beef, chicken, duck seafood, water spinach, etc.
- Don’t eat hard or dry food.
- Don’t eat oily or spicy food.
- Don’t use stimulants or cigarettes.
- Consume more pork, milk, dairy products, and food that is rich in proteins.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits.
- Drink plenty of water (at least 1.5 – 2 liters a day).
We have listed and analyzed the pros and cons of the most popular rhinoplasty techniques nowadays. We hope that the information given can help you to make up your mind easier. If you still ahve any difficulties, feel free to contact Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital to receive consultation!