What is malocclusion treatment with Lefort 1 and BSSO methods?
Lefort 1 and BSSO surgical methods are two methods that directly affect the structure of the jawbone by performing a single surgery, balancing the two jawbones and the chewing joint.
These are two methods that are highly evaluated nowadays because they are safe, quick, and highly effective surgery for customers, helping them to regain beauty and confidence.
What do you need to know about the malocclusion treatment with Lefort 1 and BSSO methods?
Lefort 1 overbite treatment
Lefort 1 is a method that involves correcting the structure of the upper jawbone to correct the excessively protruding upper jaw, smiling gums, or other defects, complications on the upper jaw.
The doctor will make a small incision on the mucosa layer in the oral cavity, dissect the tissue to expose the maxillary bone, then the doctor will cut the maxillary bone and adjust its position. Lefort method is applied to customers with the following problems:
- The upper jawbone is overgrown more than normal.
- The teeth protrude forward too much and are deviated from the lower jaw.
- The bite or chewing joint is misaligned.
- Overbite and gummy smile.
BSSO underbite treatment
BSSO is a method that involves adjusting the mandibular (lower jawbone) structure to correct the underbite condition.
The doctor will dissect the lower jaw bone, then adjust its position by sliding the lower jawbone forward or pushing the front jaw back so that the two jaws are aligned. BSSO surgical method is applied in the following cases:
- The lower jawbone is overgrown more than normal, protruding forward and deviating from the upper jaw.
- The lower jawbone is square and rough.
- The bite or chewing joint is misaligned.
- The chin is too long or too short, to the right or to the left.
Combination of both Lefort 1 and BSSO method for malocclusion treatment
For those who have both overbite and underbite, both upper and lower jaws are overdeveloped and deviate from the whole face, it is necessary to combine both Lefort 1 and BSSO methods at the same time.
The doctor will cut the bones of both jaws bones to based on each customer’s condition, bringing a new and well-balanced face shape.
Both Lefort 1 and BSSO methods are only performed for customers who are 18 years or older when their bone structure has been developed completely.
The advantages of Lefort 1 and BSSO malocclusion treatment
By applying both Lefort 1 and BSSO methods, the jawbone defects can be quickly resolved after only 1 surgery. The customer’s face will be more well-balanced and symmetrical. This method can make the customer’s appearance change quickly and most clearly.
Thanks to such outstanding aesthetic advantages, two methods Lefort 1 and BSSO have been applied in many large hospitals and trusted by many customers, helping more and more people regain their beautiful appearance and confidence in life.
At Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, by investing in and applying modern technology and equipment, the treatment procedure becomes much faster and safer. Before surgery, customers can also preview the expected results so that they can choose the right treatment method for themselves.
Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital has highly qualified and experienced doctors who have successfully performed these methods to ensure the customer’s safety and health.
The surgery is carried out inside the oral cavity, so the scar and cosmetic traces are hidden.
Although the Lefort 1 and BSSO malocclusion treatment procedure is carried out quickly, the final result can last for a long time, even for a lifetime if the customers keep proper oral care.
The Lefort 1 and BSSO malocclusion treatment procedure
- Step 1: The doctor will examine and consult the customer directly. Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital uses a jaw scanner with 3D images to help assess your jaw condition. Then the doctor will recommend the most appropriate treatment method.
- Step 2: The customer will take blood, heart, and kidney tests to make sure they are healthy enough for surgery.
- Step 3: Mild anesthesia to ensure the customer will not feel any pain or discomfort.
- Step 4: After confirming the causes of malocclusion, the doctor will make an incision inside the oral cavity, cut and push the jawbone backward and upwards to treat malocclusion and gummy smile simultaneously.
- Step 5: The customer will rest for 1 night at the hospital.
- Step 6: Re-examination and thread removal.
The surgery only lasts for 2 – 3 hours, then the customer will not have to worry about underbite, overbite, or gummy smile again.
Malocclusion treatment price list at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital
|Service||Price (VND)||Discounted price|
Cleft Chin Creation
Gummy Smile Treatment
Korea Implant Genioplasty
USA Implant Genioplasty
Nasolabial Folds Augmentation
Zygoma Reduction Plasty
V-line Maxillofacial Trim
|65 – 75.000.000||…|
Large Piercing Hole Treatment
Dimple Creation One Side
Dimple Creation On Both Side
Lip Reduction – Lip Shaping (1 lip)
Heart Lip Shaping
Wrinkle Removal, Facial Makeover