10 people who have rhinoplasty using cartilage don’t achieve the same desired results. So the question is how to get a satisfactory nose shape with this technique? Please read along to know more about the knowledge for cartilage rhinoplasty from a specialist in the article below. This will definitely give you more useful information.
Frequently used cartilage for cartilage rhinoplasty
- Artificial Cartilage: Used to enhance the projection of the dorsum of the nose. The two best artificial cartilages today are Surgiform cartilage and Nanoform cartilage because these two materials are easy to shape and have extremely high compatibility with the human body.
- Autologous Cartilage: Autologous cartilage is taken from the person’s own body and is used to cover, protect and correct the tip of the nose. The most commonly used autologous cartilages are auricular cartilage (most common), costal cartilage, and septal cartilage.
Suitable candidates for cartilage rhinoplasty
- A nose that is relatively beautiful, slim, without too many defects.
- A nose that has a thin nose tip that is not suitable for rhinoplasty surgery.
- A nose that has a slightly rough tip.
- A nose that has undergone failed rhinoplasty, making the nose red, exposed, or receding.
To know whether is your nose suitable for cartilage rhinoplasty or not, you should head directly to a reputable facility with a great rhinoplasty surgeon.
Is cartilage rhinoplasty good?
Theoretically, the technique of rhinoplasty with autologous cartilage to cover the nose tip only impacts the skin tissue area gently to place the cartilage without causing damage or affecting the nasal function system. Therefore, the risk of having rhinoplasty surgery is almost non-existent.
Is cartilage rhinoplasty painful?
Painless cartilage rhinoplasty procedure at Gangwhoo
How to choose a reputable facility for cartilage rhinoplasty
The knowledge for cartilage rhinoplasty that we need to know about is how to choose a reputable address among many established cosmetic centers.
A reputable and worthy rhinoplasty address for us to choose from must satisfy the following factors:
Has operating licenses
Has a good team of surgeons
Dr. Phung Manh Cuong at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital explains the knowledge for cartilage rhinoplasty
“A picture speaks a thousand words”. You should only choose a facility with real images of their customers after having rhinoplasty. Do not choose a facility with little to no data or use photos on the internet to deceive their clients.
Images of customers before and after having rhinoplasty Gangwhoo
Advanced equipment and infrastructure
Although rhinoplasty is not a complicated rhinoplasty technology, it requires the necessary equipment and is performed in a sterile environment. These conditions can only be met by reputable beauty establishments.
Spas and beauty salons, operating without any license, will neglect the steps that keep the clients safe to reduce the cost. That is why the rate of damaged noses due to having rhinoplasty at the spa is extremely alarming.
Unscrupulous beauty establishments will often omit the stage of post-surgery customer care to save costs. However, postoperative care is extremely important because customers need to be visited regularly to monitor their recovery, as well as promptly handle any problems.
Therefore, the knowledge for cartilage rhinoplasty is checking to see if the facility has a team of customer service after the surgery or not.
Has warranty policy
A reputable, branded rhinoplasty address is capable of providing a warranty for its customers. Therefore, when choosing a rhinoplasty facility, you need to find out if this address has a warranty for the rhinoplasty services provided.
Check out the price list of rhinoplasty services and warranty at Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital HERE
Knowledge for cartilage rhinoplasty – Postoperative care
- Keep the nasal area clean: regularly change the dressing and clean the wound with saline.
- Carefully protect the nose: Do not touch the nose, avoid bumping the nose into anything.
- Moderate exercise: Exercise lightly, do not carry heavy objects, do not do intense sports.
- Have a reasonable diet: Do not eat hard foods or foods that cause allergies, keloids. Have foods that are rich in protein, vitamins, and drink plenty of water.
- Take medicine as prescribed: Absolutely do not use other drugs than prescribed without consulting your doctor.
- Sleeping position: Do not lie on your side, instead, sleep on your back. In addition, when sleeping, do not put your hands on your forehead, do not cover your face with blankets or pillows.
Check out: What to eat after having rhinoplasty