Keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser is one of the popular procedures provided by many cosmetic facilities nowadays. But whether this procedure is safe or not is the question many have for this technique. Let’s take a look at the article below to find out.
The nature of keloid scars
Keloid scars are the overdevelopment of wound tissues, causing the skin to tighten and harden like rubber with red color. Keloid scars are benign.
For the first few months, keloid scars will be red. After that period, it will turn brown or light brown, with its size expands over time.
Keloid scars do not have follicles or sweat glands, with veins visible underneath.
Keloid scars will cause itchiness and mild pain, with tightened or stretched sensation if appears on the toes, fingers, or neck. This will cause some difficulties in movement.
Keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser
Keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser is the most advanced technology of keloid scars therapy. This technique is highly recommended by experts in keloid scars therapy and is applied by many cosmetic hospitals.
In theory, Keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser uses appropriate wavelength to beam directly at scars, changing their biological structure from within so that they can be flattened. There are 2 types of laser involves:
- Ablative Laser: This is the most frequently used CO2 laser as its beam absorbs water inside the skin, leading to local tissue destruction.
- Nonablative Laser: Also known as PDL. This laser affects Hemoglobin or Melanin, treating keloid scars by selecting the blood vessels that lead to the scars to stop them from overgenerating Collagen.
The benefits of keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser
- The wavelength can precisely determine the cells of the scars tissues, making the skin therapy accurately and non-invasively to the surrounding skin.
- The laser energy is guaranteed to be safe and painless, causing no skin burn or erosion during the procedure.
- Laser CO2 can also promote the generation of new Collagen to replace the lost cells, eliminating the wrinkles around the keloid scars effectively.
- CO2 laser technology can get rid of the stratum corneum and old and damaged cells, allowing the skin surface to be ventilated. In addition, it also stimulates blood circulation so that the skin surface is regenerated as quickly as possible, creating strong, firm, and evenly colorized skin to the surrounding region.
- The operation time is quick and harmless, allowing the customers to live normally during and after the therapy without needing recovery.
Keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser procedure
- Step 1: Consultation and diagnosis
A dermatologist will diagnose your scars and skin. This will also be the person to perform the therapy for you.
They will then disinfect and anesthetize the region of the scar, ensuring your comfort during the treatment.
- Step 2: Keloid scars therapy
The dermatologist will use CO2 lasers to treat the keloid scars.
The laser beam will be aimed precisely at the keloid scars tissues, destroying the fibrous tissues and stimulating the regeneration of Collagen inside the skin.
- Step 3: Keloid scars therapy post-operative care
- Step 4: Keloid scars therapy result evaluation
You will need to undergo the keloid scars therapy 3-4 times depending on the course provided by the dermatologist to achieve the best result.
After the first session, for the next 1-2 weeks, your scars will subside drastically. However, you still need to continue your treatment to get a flat, smooth, and invisible scars appearance. The final result can easily be hidden away with simple makeup.
How to take care of your skin properly after keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser
- You need to avoid standing in direct sunlight for too long, prevent dirt from damaging the skin, and put on sunscreen whenever you go out.
- You should not use skin care products without consulting the doctors as it can harm your skin during therapy.
- You ought to avoid eating chicken, glutinous products, and spicy food as it can cause the skin to have purulence and longer recovery. Eggs can cause spots like Tinea versicolor. Water spinach can increase the production of keloid cells. And seafood can cause itchiness and irritation.
- You can eat more vegetables as it will make the wound heal faster. Fresh turmeric is also recommended to anyone who requires cell regeneration. Fish mint will provide more natural antibodies to prevent inflammation and bacteria.
How much does keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser cost?
- Keloid scars therapy (smaller than 2 square centimeters): 700,000 – 1,000,000 VND with one session every 4-6 weeks
- Keloid scars therapy (smaller than 4 square centimeters): 1,000,000 – 1,500,000 VND with one session every 4-6 weeks
- Keloid scars therapy (bigger than 4 square centimeters): 2,000,000 VND with one session every 4-6 weeks
- High-tech keloid scars therapy: 2,000,000 – 3,000,000 VND with one session every 4-6 weeks
Check out: Persistent keloid scars therapy
Why should you choose to have keloid scars therapy with CO2 laser at Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital?
- Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital is the most reputable cosmetic brand in Vietnam and is currently reaching out to the world.
- The facility is leading in applying the latest technologies in the world with equipment up to European standards. They are imported from countries with developed cosmetic industries like Korea, America, Japan, Germany.
- Gangwhoo recruited the most exceptional team of skillful doctors with years of experience in plastic surgery.
- The hospital has partnerships all over the world, including top cosmetic brands. In addition, they also exchange and update the latest cosmetic trends to provide the best possible result.
- The CO2 laser technology is approved by FDA to be effective and safe. It is applied in many countries.
- Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital personalizes each client’s regimen to ensure maximum therapy’s effectiveness. The result is guaranteed to be safe, lasting, non-invasive, time and cost-saving.
- The therapy is guaranteed to offer safety and great results.