What is circumcision?
What is circumcision? Should the foreskin be circumcised? This is a common question of many men nowadays regarding their health.
So, should we undergo circumcision? Circumcision is a minor surgical procedure carried out to remove the foreskin covering the glans penis. Because it is a minor surgery, it only lasts 15 – 30 minutes depending on the patient’s condition. The patient can go home the same day after the surgery is completed.
Normally, minor surgery like circumcision is indicated by the doctor when the foreskin is long or narrow. The surgery must be carried out in a completely sterile operating room with modern equipment systems to prevent the risks of inflammation and infection of the incision.
According to medical experts, the foreskin is very useful for the penis, maintaining moisture and protecting the foreskin mucosa from external factors such as dirt, bacteria, waste, etc. … The foreskin can be pulled up or down so that the penis is exposed to develop normally.
Circumcision is only carried out when a man has a narrow, long, or tight foreskin. In case of foreskin inflammation, circumcision must also be performed immediately.
We hope with the above information, customers can decide whether they should undergo circumcision or not. How about the benefits of circumcision?
Who should undergo circumcision?
Nowadays, there are a lot of cases where the man has a long foreskin and wonders whether he should undergo circumcision or not? And does circumcision increase the penis size?
Worry not! The following cases should undergo circumcision:
- Long foreskin (also known as redundant prepuce): This condition occurs when a man reaches puberty but the foreskin has not been retracted, at this time the foreskin still covers most of the glans penis. Long foreskin occurs even when the penis is erect, the foreskin must be pulled down by using hands. The length of the foreskin makes it impossible for men to have sex, so circumcision is necessary.
- Phimosis: this pathological condition occurs when the foreskin is too tight, the penis is covered by the foreskin that cannot be exposed (this condition is also known as phimosis), or it is only exposed half of the glans penis.
- Paraphimosis: This condition occurs when the foreskin is tight and if the foreskin is pulled down, it cannot return to its original position. Tight foreskin prevents it from returning to its normal position, obstructing blood circulation and causing the penis to be swollen. This condition is very dangerous, men need to undergo circumcision immediately.
- Repeated inflamed foreskin: due to many reasons that cause the foreskin to be inflamed. In such cases, men must undergo circumcision immediately.
- Circumcision can be applied to treat penile cancer.
Does circumcision increase the size of the penis? The answer is NO. Undergoing circumcision only solves the problems affecting daily activities or sex life.
Benefits of circumcision
What are the benefits of circumcision? You may refer to the following section:
- Prevent the risks of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- Reduces the bacteria under the foreskin and reduces the risks of infection in the glans penis. This also reduces the risk of balanitis or urinary tract infections (UTI) occurring in men.
- Improve men’s health, prevent diseases such as erectile dysfunction (ED), premature ejaculation, …
- Increase the quantity and quality of sperm, improving the chance of conception after sex.
- Prevent diseases such as balanitis.
- Help clean the penis thoroughly, easily, and quickly.
With these benefits, we hope men will be more assured of undergoing circumcision.
Is circumcision painful?
Besides the applied technique of circumcision, men are also concerned about whether circumcision is painful or not.
As shared above, circumcision is only minor surgery that lasts only 15-30 minutes. During the procedure, the doctor shall apply local anesthesia so the customer will not feel any pain. However, customers will feel itchiness and mild pain after the surgery because the wound is healing.
Circumcision is not painful so men should not worry too much! Postoperative muscle pain is mild and should subside after a few days as the wound heals.
Self-care after undergoing circumcision
Postoperative self-care also plays an irreplaceable role in the process of recovery.
After undergoing circumcision, the wound has not yet healed so the customers must clean the wound carefully to shorten the recovery process.
The self-care steps you can apply are as follows:
- Limit your movements on the first few days after undergoing circumcision. Notably, avoid intense activity such as playing sports.
- Clean your penis with a soft towel soaked in warm water to prevent damaging the wound.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes so that the wound would not rub to the pants.
- Patients must rest for the 1st week and avoid sitting or standing for too long for about 3 – 4 days.
- Avoid having sex for at least 1 month after circumcision.
- Have proper diets, avoid using stimulants such as coffee, alcohol, cigarette, and hot food to not damage the open wounds.
How long does it take to recover?
After undergoing circumcision, the penis will be mildly swollen with mild pain for the first 3-4 days after the surgery. Customers can take the medicines prescribed by the doctor to subside the symptoms. Normally, the incision will heal 10 days after surgery.
However, the recovery process depends on the patient’s health condition.
Direct contact to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for further consultation
- Address: 576 – 578 Cong Hoa Street, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline/Zalo: 0901 666 879
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: gangwhoohospital.vn
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GangwhooHospital
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@benhviengangwho
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/benhvienthammygangwhoo
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about the circumcision service. If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment or contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital or our Hotline: 0901.666.879 for the most thoughtful advice and guidance!