Dental implants are the most effective solution to restore chewing function and beauty. So, how long after front tooth extraction can you have a dental implant?
IS IT NECESSARY TO HAVE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
There are many causes that lead to tooth loss such as accidents, age, tooth decay, or oral diseases that require tooth extraction. When a tooth is lost, the jawbone will have a blank space in the position of the missing tooth root. Therefore, if you do not have a dental implant in time, it can cause many serious consequences for health such as:
- Difficulty in eating and chewing because the chewing force is weakened. When the food is not crushed, it is hard for the stomach to absorb nutrients, increasing the risk of diseases to the digestive system.
- When a tooth is lost, the chewing force exerted by the tooth on the jawbone will no longer cause the jawbone area at the area of tooth extraction to be gradually destroyed over time.
- The face is aging, the cheeks are sunken in, the facial skin is sagging and there are lots of wrinkles that make the face look older than the age because the jawbone is lost.
- Affects the remaining teeth due to uneven chewing force. The teeth opposite the missing teeth will tend to protrude into the space of the missing teeth, hindering chewing activities, which is the cause of TMJ dysfunction.
- If the front teeth are lost, it can cause incorrect pronunciation or slurred speech.
- Cause a loss of aesthetics with the large gap in the mouth when talking and smiling, making the owner lose their confidence in communication.
HOW LONG AFTER FRONT TOOTH EXTRACTION CAN YOU HAVE A DENTAL IMPLANT?
How long after front tooth extraction can you have a dental implant? This depends a lot on many different factors such as the healing after tooth extraction, the dental implant technology, and the condition of the customer’s teeth.
Normally, it takes about 3 to 6 months after the tooth extraction is done for the wound to heal completely. In other cases of the elderly or people with weak muscles, it may take longer for them to have a dental implant.
If you restore lost teeth with removable dentures or porcelain bridges, you need to wait about 2 months after tooth extraction to implement these methods. Except for the implant method, you can have a dental implant right after the tooth has been extracted if the jaw bone is in good condition and healthy. In other cases, you should wait for the wound to heal before having a dental implant.
DENTAL IMPLANT TECHNIQUES NOWADAYS
Nowadays, there are 3 popular dental implant methods including porcelain bridges, removable dentures, and dental implants. Each method has its own unique pros and cons.
1. Removable dentures
The removable denture technique is a method that can be applied to replace lost teeth. This technique is normally prescribed by doctors for the elderly, customers with oral health who cannot afford to have a dental implant or porcelain bridges.
The dentures are structured of a jaw frame made from flexible plastic or metal that will function as a support for the porcelain or plastic dentures.
- Removable dentures can be removed very easily.
- The jaw frame is made from benign materials that are safe for the body.
- Ensure the chewing function.
Read more: Tooth extraction at home
2. Porcelain bridges
If you have missing teeth, your dentist can close — or bridge — the gaps in your smile with porcelain bridges. A porcelain bridge (also known as a dental bridge) is a false tooth (called a pontic) that is held in place by the abutment teeth on either side of the gap. Although the pontic can be made from a variety of materials such as gold, typically they’re made from porcelain to aesthetically blend in with your natural teeth. The porcelain bridges consist of many porcelain teeth that are made to be attached to each other and fixed on the real tooth post, which cannot be disassembled by themselves but requires dental intervention.
- Highly aesthetic
- Better chewing function than removable dentures
- Safe to the body
3. Dental implant
A dental implant is a high-class denture service applied to restore chewing function. It is the most comprehensive dental technique today. During the dental implant procedure, the dentist will place a titanium post inside the jawbone, then the doctor will attach the Abutment joint and porcelain crown to the post.
- Highly aesthetic as desired.
- Give good chewing function compared to the real teeth. You can comfortably feel the full flavor of your favorite foods.
- Titanium posts have high mechanical properties that will not get worn down or rusted. They are absolutely safe.
- Perfectly compatible with the body.
- The implant replaces the lost tooth and prevents the consequences of tooth loss such as jaw bone loss, gingivitis, tooth decay, bad breath, and crooked teeth.
- No need for shaving the 2 real teeth next to the implant, reducing the risk of tooth loss.
- Applied to all cases of tooth loss.
Direct contact to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for further consultation
- Address: 576 – 578 Cong Hoa Street, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline/Zalo: 0901 666 879
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: gangwhoohospital.vn
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GangwhooHospital
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@benhviengangwho
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/benhvienthammygangwhoo
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about whether you can have a dental implant after having a tooth extraction or not. If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment below, contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, or via our Hotline: 0901.666.879 for the most thoughtful advice and guidance!