Cucumbers, for a long time, has been known to be a very wonderful fruit to the facial skin. That is why so many ladies decided to use them for their skin care. However, do they actually know the effects of cucumbers on facial skin? Let’s take a look and find out below.
Effects of cucumbers on facial skin
Cucumbers have amazing impacts on the skin. Below are the 7 effects of cucumbers on facial skin that you should know about:
Minimize the sweat glands
Large sweat glands cause the skin to lose its smoothness and take away the youthful look. So it is very obvious why many ladies decided to put cucumber slices on their faces to reduce their sizes.
Whiten and smoothen the skin
Cucumbers contain a lot of water and vitamin C. These substances help to provide moisture to the skin and whiten it.
Reduce eyes’ puffiness
This is among the effects of cucumbers on facial skin that not many know of. Pursuant to some studies, cucumbers are proven to reduce the eyes’s puffiness on our skin.
If you are a night person or lack sleeping, causing the eyes to be puffed, you can put some cold cucumber slices on the eyes to reduce it.
Control the acne condition
This is one of the very popular effects of cucumbers on facial skin.
As mentioned above, cucumbers can minimize the sizes of the sweat glands, allowing the skin to be less oily, which helps to control acne very effectively.
Subside skin allergy
Inside the cucumbers are anti-inflammatory substances that can reduce the pain, redness, and allergy caused by insects, sunlight, etc.
Support the hydration reaction
Hydration reaction is simply known as supplying water to the body cells to keep functional.
In case you don’t know, 90% of cucumber is water, meaning that when it is combined with other substances like honey or aloe, it can moisture the skin effectively.
You must keep your skin moist for it to be healthy and youthful.
Prevent skin deterioration
This is one of the effects of cucumbers on facial skin that many care about as they all want to have the ageless ksin.
Inside a cucumber is a lot of antioxidants, vitamin C, and folic acid. These substances can stimulate the generation of skin cells to protect the skin from environmental effects. The skin, therefore, will be prevented from deterioration and the forming of wrinkles.
How to make cucumber masks?
Now that we know the 7 effects of cucumbers on facial skin. Let’s find out the way to maximize its positive impacts with cucumber masks.
Traditional cucumber masks
This is the simplest method of making use of cucumber’s impacts. For this type of mask, there are 2 options for you.
- Option 1: Slice the cucumber into thin slices and place them on the cleansed face. Stop and wash the face after 15-20 minutes.
- Option 2: Put the cucumbers into a blender to create cucumber extract. Spread the extract on your face and wait 15 minutes, then wash it with water.
You should do this 2-3 times a week to maximize its effects.
Cucumber and aloe masks
You can combine cucumbers with aloe to increase its effectiveness. This is also very simple, making it one of the popular ways to create masks.
How to do it:
- Prepare 1 fresh cucumber, and 1 small bowl of aloe.
- Put the cucumber in a blender for cucumber extract.
- Put the aloe in next to create a mixture of both ingredients.
- Cleanse the face and dry it, then put the mixture on the face.
- Massage the face gently for 1 minute.
- Keep the mixture on the face for 15 minutes then wash it with water.
Cucumber, oat, and honey masks
This is the formula to maximize the effects of cucumbers on skin with ance condition as honey will be an antioxidant and oat will exfoliate the skin, making it the perfect type of mask for people with acne.
How to do it:
- Mix the cucumber extract with honey and oat.
- Wash the face carefully and dry it.
- Put the mixture on the face and massage it gently.
- Keep still for 15 minutes then clean with warm water.
What to remember when using cucumber masks
- You must clean your face carefully and let it dry before putting the mask on.
- You should only do it 2-3 times a week.
- You should massage the face with the mixture on.
- You should keep the mask on for 15-20 minutes.
- You must always clean the face afterward carefully with water.
- You can proceed with the daily skincare afterward.
Can you use cucumber masks after rhinoplasty?
The positive effects of cucumbers on facial skin are undeniable. However, should you use cucumber masks after rhinoplasty?
After rhinoplasty, you must keep your nose dry and away from water after removing the splints. Saline is the only option if you need to clean the wound after rhinoplasty.
Therefore, using cucumber masks after rhinoplasty is forbidden as they will make the nose moist and create the perfect environment for bacteria attacks. However, you are permitted to do it after 1 month as the nose is now stable and recovered.
You now know the 7 effects of cucumbers on facial skin and 3 additional ways of making cucumber masks. We hope that this article will become helpful to you. If you still have any questions, contact Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital for immediate answers!