Aside from acne, freckles and melasma are also the problems that many women are struggling with, especially those who have passed 30. This is why when you search for “DIY freckles treatment”, millions of results will show up. This tells us a pretty good story about freckles’ problems on our skin.
What are freckles?
Freckles are the tiny dark spots that appear on the skin. This can be in yellow, red, light brown, dark brown, etc. They tend to form in clusters at the shoulders, the arms, the nose, the cheeks, etc.
What causes freckles?
The 2 main reasons that cause freckles are due to genetic factors or sunlight:
- Gen will determine the melanin – the pigments that are created by the dermis cells. Normally, the dermis tissues will generate pigments with a similar color to the skin. The freckles are the spots that got more pigments produced than the other skin regions.
- Due to sunlight: When hitting the skin, sunlight will force it to produce more dark pigments to protect the skin from the sun.
Therefore, if one of your parents has freckles, it is very likely that you will also have the condition as well. Moreover, if you are exposed to the sun frequently, you are also run a risk of having freckles on your skin.
Freckles are perfectly harmless so they wouldn’t require any treatment. However, as freckles can cause women to lose their confidence, they tend to seek treatments for the problem, especially the DIY freckles treatments.
DIY freckles treatment with natural ingredients
Using natural ingredients to treat freckles for a long time has been the method that many choose to have. This is because the ingredients are easy to find, cheap, and safe for the skin. In addition, they are also very effective in treating freckles and skincare.
Here are some natural DIY freckles treatments that you can try out at home:
1. DIY freckles treatment with daikon
Daikon is known to be an effective product used to treat freckles despite its weird smell.
IT has been used to deal with skin conditions like freckles and dark spots. You can make use of it by mixing 1 tsp of refined sugar with 1 tsp of daikon and apply the mixture on the skin.
Leave the mixture on your skin for 30 minutes then wash away with cold water. You should do this 3 times a week.
2. DIY freckles treatments with honey
The vitamins A, C, and E, pinobanksin, and chrysin inside honey can help to nurture the skin effectively, especially the vitamin C with its anti oxidization nature can prevent the skin from being discolored and forming dark spots. Therefore, honey is widely used by ladies as an effective way to deal with freckles.
How to do it:
- Step 1: Cleanse your skin with a facial cleanser and warm water to expand the pores, allowing the vitamins and minerals from honey to enter easier.
- Step 2: Take an adequate amount of honey to apply to the face. Leave the honey for 20 minutes then wash away with water.
Do this 2 – 3 times a week for the best results.
3. DIY freckles treatments with betel leaves
According to experts, betel leaves contain 2.3% of fiber, 61% of carbohydrate, and 2.3% of mineral salts. These are the important elements in preventing the formation of melanin pigments (one of the reasons that cause freckles). Betel leaves will supplement the skin with crucial nutrients to promote the generation of elastin and collagen, allowing the skin to be lightened and soft. Therefore, this is a safe and effective method for you to do at home.
4. DIY freckles treatments with turmeric powders and lemon extract
Turmeric can help to whiten the skin and reduce its flaws. It is a great antioxidant that can regulate the generation of melanin to prevent the overproduction of pigments. In addition, it can also balance the pH level of the skin, making it stronger.
5. DIY freckles treatments using green bean and fresh milk
Green bean and fresh milk are very easy-to-find products. Not only that they are nutritious for the body but also can bring about wonderful effects for the skin by being used as masks for freckles. These ingredients are things that you can find anywhere.
Note: you should do this treatment before going to bed at night as this is the time when your face can absorb the most nutrients.
6. DIY freckles treatments using coconut oil
Coconut oil consists of beneficial components for the skin like vitamin A, C, and E, as well as minerals that can balance the pH level of the skin, making it evenly colored and white. As a fluid, coconut oil can easily enter the skin, suppressing the production of melanin pigments. You can even combine this with ripe banana to improve its ability to prevent freckles and melasma.
How to do it:
- Peel the banana and mash it. After that, pour the coconut oil in and mix them well.
- Apply the mixture onto the face and massage for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mixture away with cool water.
- Do this 2 – 3 time as week for the best results.
7. DIY freckles treatments using yogurt
Yogurt contains lots of lactic acids that can exfoliate the skin and treat freckles relatively well. Moreover, it can also help to whiten and soften the skin. Yogurt, when combining with lime extract, will increase the chance of reducing the freckles quickly.
How to do it:
- Mix the sugarless yogurt with lime extract by a 1:1 ratio.
- Rub the mixture onto the cleansed skin and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes for the nutrients to sink in.
- Wash your face with water and let it dry out naturally. If your skin is dry, you can add 1 – 2 drops of olive oil or coconut oil to soften it.
- Do this 2 – 3 times a week before going to bed to achieve the best results.
Aside from applying the DIY freckles treatments with natural ingredients, you can also seek out therapy using advanced technology like laser, essence injection, etc. These methods bring about effective and quick results and they are all applied at Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital. So if you have to need to get rid of your skin conditions once and for all, don’t hesitate to contact our hospital right away!