Beautiful and romantic eyes are the reasons why customers want to have blepharoplasty (also known as eyelid surgery). On top of that, customers are also concerned about how long it takes for the scar to heal from blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) because it is a type of surgery that uses cosmetic tools to intervene and directly affect the skin. As a result, there is a risk of leaving a scar.
To answer the question: “How long for the scar to heal after blepharoplasty?”. The following article shall help you understand this method better.
What is blepharoplasty?
First of all, we need to understand the concept of blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery):
As the skin shows signs of aging, the skin on the eyelids begins to stretch and the muscles also weaken, making it easier for excess fat to accumulate above and below the eyelids, which also causes the eyebrows to sag, the upper eyelid to droop, and causes eye bags on the lower eyelid. This not only affects facial beauty but also causes sagging skin around the eyes, which can significantly affect peripheral vision.
Blepharoplasty (also known as eyelid surgery) is a type of surgery that corrects drooping eyelids by removing excess skin, muscle, and fat around the eyelids. Thereby overcoming defects in the eyelids that obstruct vision and help the eyes look younger and livelier.
Blepharoplasty is also applied to create double eyelids, making the eyes look more charming and attractive.
How long does it take for the scar to heal after blepharoplasty?
Normally, the average recovery time to have beautiful eyes after blepharoplasty is about 7-10 days and is divided into the following main phases:
- First 1 – 3 days:
There is mild swelling and pain, which do not affect health. The only downside is that the swollen eyelids make us lack confidence in communication. This condition will subside from 1 to 3 days after blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), customers should rest well during this time.
- The next 4 – 7 days
The wound begins to heal, the swelling and pain will gradually subside and then disappear completely, and the cosmetic suture will also fade over time. During this period, it is essential to perform good hygiene, care, and proper diets to quicken the recovery process, ensuring that there are no problems arise.
Read more: How to subside bruises after blepharoplasty?
- The next 1 – 2 weeks
During this time, the eyes will gradually become more stable, and pain and swelling will completely disappear. Along with that, the eyelid creases will become sharper, softer, and more natural. However, customers still need to take good care of their eyes.
It normally takes the first 1 – 2 weeks for the eyes to heal, but it takes about 1- 2 months later for the eyelids to be naturally beautiful and after 3 – 6 months to completely recover. However, this process can be shortened or lengthened due to the health condition, care regime as well as the technique applied, and the skills of the doctor.
How to care for your eyes after blepharoplasty
1. Good nutrient supplement
– Increase the intake of foods rich in vitamins and minerals because these substances can increase body resistance, reduce the risk of inflammation, and help wounds to heal quickly. Some kinds of food rich in vitamins A and C you should eat such as green vegetables, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, papaya, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Drink enough water every day
- Certain types of food can interfere with the healing process after surgery, increasing the risk of infection or the formation of keloids. Therefore, for the wound to heal quickly and the eyelids to be naturally beautiful, you need to follow a careful diet.
+ No beef
+ No water spinach
+ No chicken, seafood
+ No sticky rice
+ No egg
+ No spicy food, no stimulants
2. Properly resting
– Avoid stress, heavy lifting, and swimming for a week.
– Avoid intense activities such as aerobics and jogging for a week.
– Avoid smoking.
– Put your head above your heart when sleeping for a few days.
– After a few days, customers can return to the cosmetic facility for suture removal.
Come to the cosmetic hospital immediately in case of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat (heart arrhythmia)
- Severe eye pain
- Vision problems
3. How to care for the wound after blepharoplasty
– Avoid scratching, bumping, or pressing on the surgical areas because it can cause bleeding and hematoma.
– Change the bandage within 24 hours after surgery and rest for 1 day after surgery.
– Do not rub your eyes for 4 weeks after surgery.
– Do not wear contact lenses for at least 1 month after surgery.
– Wear dark sunglasses to protect the eyelid skin from the sunlight and wind.
– Rinse your mouth once every 2 hours with a solution such as Betadine, Eludril…
– Wear a hat or apply sunscreen on the bruises to avoid the formation of melasma caused by direct sunlight on the skin.
– Wipe the face with a soft towel until the suture is removed. After the suture is removed, you can apply makeup normally.
– You can wash your hair and take a shower immediately after surgery, but avoid water coming into contact with the surgical areas.
– Avoid intense activities and direct contact around the eye area.
– Limit activities that require eye movements (watching TV, phone, reading books, sitting at the computer …)
– Avoid letting your hair get into the eye area because it can cause irritation and infection.
– Do not wear eye makeup for at least 2 to 3 weeks after surgery.
FAQs after blepharoplasty
1. What topical cream should we use after blepharoplasty?
- For about a week, customers should avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and other herbal supplements that can increase the risk of bleeding. Instead, customers can use paracetamol for pain relief, if needed.
- Use antibiotics, pain relievers, anti-edema, anti-scar drugs… as prescribed by the doctor.
2. Should we apply ice compresses after blepharoplasty?
- Apply ice compresses for the first 2 days after blepharoplasty to reduce swelling. Customers should cover ice compresses with a clean towel to avoid ice burns on the skin.
- From the 4th day onwards, apply a warm compress to reduce swelling and bruising.
Why should you choose Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital to have blepharoplasty in HCM City?
- At Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, we have the most advanced 5-star beauty technologies from Korea. We are professionally advised by experienced and highly qualified Korean doctors. Thanks to that, we have gained the trust of thousands of customers across the country.
- Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital is licensed by the Ministry of Health to perform cosmetic services from minor to major surgery – Proving the top quality of Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital.
- At Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, we have plenty of Korean cosmetologists who have chosen to cooperate, work, learn, and develop their careers.
- Nowadays, Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital is one of the top cosmetic hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City with thousands of successful cosmetic surgeries annually.
Direct contact to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for further consultation
- Address: 576 – 578 Cong Hoa Street, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline/Zalo: 0901 666 879
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: gangwhoohospital.vn
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GangwhooHospital
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@benhviengangwho
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/benhvienthammygangwhoo
We hope you’ve had the answer to the question: “How long does it take for the scar to heal after blepharoplasty?” If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment below, contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, or via our Hotline: 0901.666.879 for the most thoughtful advice and guidance!