For cosmetic abdominal liposuction, post-operative care is an extremely essential phase that everyone must pay attention to. Please refer to the following article to know the best way to take care of yourself and get the best results from liposuction.
WHY SHOULD WE DO SELF-CARE AFTER LIPOSUCTION?
Nothing can last forever if we do not know how to preserve and cherish them. The flower pot on your balcony that is not watered will wilt. The pet you keep in the house without feeding will become starving. The house that is not cleaned will become old. Similar to your body, if you do not take care of it properly, it can cause harms that we can hardly reverse. Especially after a sensitive time such as undergoing liposuction.
Many people became too excited after undergoing successful abdominal liposuction that they forget the instruction of the doctor. This can inadvertently push them into miserable situations such as allergy, poisoned, or scarred because of eating foods that cause scarring, swelling, and inflammation… They also eat uncontrollably and avoid exercising; as a result, fat quickly accumulates after a short time.
It is for the above reasons that even if you underwent a successful liposuction procedure, you must have a good post-operative care plan to ensure the best result.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER ABDOMINAL LIPOSUCTION?
According to Dr. Park Sung Yong: “Actually, self-care after abdominal liposuction is not really complicated or difficult – but it greatly contributes to the success of the liposuction surgery as well as deciding how long the new body shape can last.”
After successful abdominal liposuction, you need to keep in mind:
– Clean the liposuction area thoroughly and disinfect it with cotton soaked in physiological saline. Also, you need to take the medications exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
– You need to soak the fluid with cotton and regularly change the bandage to keep the liposuction area clean. When the discharge has stopped, you should wrap the wound with bandages so that the wounds can heal quickly and fix the abdomen.
– Applying cold and warm compresses can help prevent inflammation and swelling. Applying warm compresses can help promote blood circulation, and cells regeneration, thereby speeding up the recovery process.
– One thing that you must not forget, is the follow-up visits after 10 days for reexamination as well as other visits as advised by the doctor. The re-examination is essential for the doctor to closely monitor the recovery process and detect the abnormality (if any) to the wound on your body. Thereby determining timely treatment.
– Besides, to keep your body healthy and recover quickly, you also need to eat foods containing a lot of protein such as pork, fish, and whole milk; vitamins found in fruit; green vegetables…
OTHER TIPS FOR SELF-CARE AFTER ABDOMINAL LIPOSUCTION
To shorten the recovery process, you should:
– Get enough sleep (8 hours/day), avoid thinking too much, stress…
– It is necessary to avoid intense exercise, but you also should not be too lazy. Do gentle exercises such as walking as instructed by your doctor.
– Eat enough and supplement enough necessary nutrients. Especially, you must eat at the right time. The saying “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” into your eating habits. For further plans for self-care, you can directly contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for advice and guidance from experts in cosmetology!
WHAT SHOULD YOU NOT EAT AFTER ABDOMINAL LIPOSUCTION?
Everyone must know, that if the self-care after abdominal liposuction is not properly addressed, this will not only fail the liposuction results but also cause serious complications such as bad scars, harms to the health, pus, bleeding, toxicity …
1. Avoid over-salty food
According to experts, too much salty food intake can increase the risks of kidney disease or cancer as well as cause fat accumulation and overweight. Therefore, in terms of taste, customers must avoid over-salty food to ensure the best self-care results.
2. Limit sweets
Customers must limit their intake of sweets because consuming too many sweets can increase their body weight. Accordingly, customers must avoid eating cakes, cookies, bubble teas, processed foods with a lot of sugar…
3. Limit the consumption of soft drinks and stimulants
Avoid consuming soft drinks such as coke, Pepsi, fanta, sting, 7up… to prevent fat re-accumulation.
However, you also need to avoid using stimulants and alcoholic beverages such as alcohol, beer, tobacco…
4. Limit starchy food
Consuming too much starch in the body will cause the fat to re-accumulate faster, which might fail the liposuction results. Starchy food you should limit is as follows: rice, bread, baguette, noodles, vermicelli, pho, soft thin vermicelli noodles…
5. Avoid foods that can cause scarring and inflammation
Customers must avoid these types of food at all costs after abdominal liposuction including water spinach, chicken, beef, food sticky rice, seafood, egg white…
6. Avoid foods that cause scarring
For the first 1-2 weeks after liposuction, because the damage in your body has not healed, so it is necessary to avoid foods that can cause allergies such as sticky rice, water spinach, beef, chicken, seafood, alcohol, and tobacco…
IMAGES OF OUR CUSTOMERS BEFORE & AFTER ABDOMINAL LIPOSUCTION AT GANGWHOO COSMETIC HOSPITAL
Direct contact to Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for further consultation
- Address: 576 – 578 Cong Hoa Street, Ward 13, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hotline/Zalo: 0901 666 879
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: gangwhoohospital.vn
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GangwhooHospital
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@benhviengangwho
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/benhvienthammygangwhoo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/benhvienthammygangwhoo
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about how to do self-care after abdominal liposuction. If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment below, contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital, or via our Hotline: 0901.666.879 for the most thoughtful advice and guidance!