Belly button breast augmentation is one of the four breast surgery techniques nowadays. What is it and is it safe to have? Let’s find out in the article below!
Breast augmentation is the choice of many women to achieve voluptuous breasts. Each technique has different advantages and disadvantages and is suitable for different candidates. One of the techniques that are being applied nowadays is belly button breast augmentation. The article below will explain to you the most valuable information about transumbilical breast augmentation surgery.
What is belly button breast augmentation?
Endoscopic breast augmentation is the modern breasts makeover technique that applies advanced technology to ensure the aesthetic aspect of the results. The 4 common incision sites possible are at the transaxillary (armpit folds), periareolar (around the nipples), the inframammary (the underboob creases), and the transumbilical (the belly button).
The belly button breast augmentation, also known as transumbilical breast augmentation, is the final choice among the 4 techniques. During the procedure, the surgeons will create what looks like a “tunnel” from the belly button straight to the breasts. As technology keeps on getting better and better, this technique becomes obsolete and not brings as much efficiency as the other 3.
The belly button breast augmentation procedure
A complete belly button breast augmentation consists of the 4 basic steps:
- Step 1: The surgeon creates 1 incision at the rim of the belly button then inserts an endoscope up to the breast from the incision.
- Step 2: The surgeon creates a breast cavity under the chest muscle using the camera attached to the endoscope.
- Step 3: The surgeon makes some minor final adjustment to the cavity then place the implant inside. For this technique, the implant will be filled with saline.
- Step 4: The surgeon closes the incision with specialized threads.
Check out: Best incision site for breast augmentation
The pros and cons of belly button breast augmentation
The belly button breast augmentation has the following benefits and drawbacks
- The procedure can be done rather simply with the 4 mentioned steps.
- The scars will be well-hidden compared to the other methods as the belly button is varied in shape and size, making the perfect excuse for hiding the scars.
- The surgery happens simply, causing no pain or irritation.
- The recovery time is rather short.
- The path from the belly button to the breast is relatively long.
- The implant placement can be quite troublesome and might lead to misplacement.
- The operation will take longer as it would require more time to traverse the endoscope and to place the implants correctly.
- The only suitable implant is saline ones, not silicone.
- The procedure is only suitable for certain people and belly button shapes.
Is transumbilical breast augmentation safe?
It can be seen that although the belly button breast augmentation doesn’t leave a visible scar, it has lots of flaws. This makes the women question whether they should choose to have it or not. In fact, this technique is rather obsolete and is only applied in the old days. However, if you insist, the surgeon can still perform it for you.
Our advice is that you should consider this choice carefully and thoroughly. The most important thing that you can do is to seek a reputable facility and follow the advice from the experts. It is best that you find an experienced and skillful surgeon to ensure the surgery runs smoothly without any issues.
Some important things to keep in mind
To have transumbilical breast augmentation, the patient must meet the requirements below:
- Is over 18 years old.
- Is not having menstruation, fever, or sickness.
- Is not pregnant or had a baby from 6 months to 1 year ago.
- Is not contracted with heart or blood pressure diseases, and diabetes.
- If the patient has just gone through surgery recently, a 1 – 2 year gap should be made before the breast augmentation.
Before having belly button breast augmentation, the patient must be diagnosed by a certified doctor. The physician can then suggest the best incisions for the surgery, the types of implant used, and the size of the implant. In addition, you will also need to do your research and seek out a reputable facility with quality to protect yourself and your health.
Another important thing to remember is to follow the doctor’s guidance on aftercare and diet. Post-operative care is extremely crucial but is often neglected by many cosmetic facilities, leading to unwanted complications due to improper routines and aftercare.
Breast augmentation is becoming more and more popular with its great aesthetic results. To achieve the look that you desired, you can contact Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital to be the place that performs your procedure. We guarantee you the best of both worlds in every possible way.