Are you looking for safe and effective acne treatment?
Do you have pimples for a long time and cannot treat them completely?
Pimples are a very popular acne condition that happens to a lot of people, especially during puberty or when the sebaceous glands are hyperactive. Pimples are formed due to the attack of P.Acnes bacteria, causing the pores to be clogged. So what is the safe and effective acne treatment?
This article below will introduce to you all the common types of acne conditions and the simple yet effective acne treatment.
The common acne conditions
Acne appears on the skin in many different forms. The most common ones are:
- Whiteheads: form inside of closed follicles.
- Blackheads: form inside of open follicles with the sebaceous turn dark and black due to oxidization.
- Blind pimples: pimples that form under the skin in clusters with barely visible comedones.
- Papules: have red tips.
- Pustules: have white tips filled with pus.
- Nodules: are large, hard, and filled with pus, causing pain to the person.
- Cysts: the large type of nodules and papules, causing severe pain.
Nowadays, there are a lot of different acne treatments, with the most widely chosen ones being ointment, cream, acne therapy pills, and natural techniques.
Acne treatments with medications
Treating acne with Western medications is divided into 2 types: mild and severe acne conditions.
Mild acne treatments with medications
Over-the-counter (OTC) ointments tend to be used as a way to treat mild acne conditions. Some recommended acne treatment ointments contain the following active elements:
- Azelaic Acid: suppress the activity of the sebaceous glands and prevent the growth of P. Acnes bacteria. Some ointment and cream that contain this are Derma Forte, Differin…
- Salicylic Acid: deal with blackheads and whiteheads, as well as subside the swelling in big pimples.
- Resorcinol: can break the structure of the tiny blackheads and whiteheads.
- Benzoyl Peroxide: can destroy the acne-causing bacteria, stimulate the process of growing new skin, regulate the sebaceous glands, and prevent the pores from being clogged.
- Retin – A: contain Tretinoin active element that can unclog the follicles, preventing pimples from forming.
Severe acne treatments with medications
Some severe acne conditions like nodules, papules, and cysts require much more complicated therapies. For that reason, they require prescriptions from doctors and use instructions.
The 2 types of medications for these conditions are cream/ointment and pills. Some popular names that can be listed include:
Antibiotic pills for acne treatment
One of the main reasons that cause pimples to worsen and turn into red papules is the invasion of P. Acnes bacteria on the surface of the skin. To prevent the formation of this type of acne, the doctors will prescribe antibiotics for the patient to use.
Normally, antibiotic pills for acne treatment will be prescribed for 1 to 6 months of use. Taking them for too long will cause the P. Acnes bacteria to grow antibiotic resistances, diminishing the effectiveness of the therapy.
Antibiotic ointment for acne treatment
Using pills can cause antibiotic tolerance. This is why ointments tend to be more popular. Some commonly used antibiotic ointment for acne treatment is Erythromycin and Tetracycline.
Instant disinfectant for acne treatment
Infected pimples can cause the acne conditions to be more severe and leave a lot of permanent effects on the skin. Therefore, using medications like local disinfectants prescribed by the doctors can prevent certain effects of acne conditions.
The disinfectants’ main purpose is to suppress the growth of P. Acnes bacteria, preventing the formation of papules. The most commonly used medications for this are clindamycin, sodium sulfacetamide, and local retinoid.
Retinoids are the vitamin A extract that can ventilate the pores, prevent the formation of whiteheads and blackheads. Some familiar types of local retinoids are adapalene, tazarotene, and tretinoin…
Isotretinoin for severe acne treatment
Treating acne conditions with Isotretinoin is a very effective method. Isotretinoin is a type of retinoid that is consumed orally and is used to treat severe acne conditions that are tolerant to other therapies.
Although its effectiveness is unquestionable, it has certain side effects that we must keep in mind like:
- Skin and kips dryness.
- Nose bleed.
- Muscle and chest pain.
- Irregular temper.
- Impact on unborn baby during pregnancy.
- Severe diarrhea.
- Some other complications.
You can check out: Acne therapy with Isotretinoin
Pregnancy pills for acne treatment
Hyperactive sebaceous glands are one of the reasons that cause pimples in women. Using pregnancy pills will effectively treat pimples.
This is because pregnancy pills contain active elements that can suppress the activity of sebaceous glands on the skin, causing the glands to cease overproducing so that the pores will not be clogged.
Although this is a very effective method, you will have to follow the doses instructions of the doctors to avoid unwanted complications.
Treating pimples with cosmetic and skincare products.
Nowadays, a lot of cosmetic products like facial cleanser, serum, and acne cream are very popular and widely chosen on the market. Many cosmetic brands have introduced amazing lines of acne therapy products like Murad, Paula’s Choice, Obagi, Skin1004, Some By Mi, La Roche Posay, Shiseido, etc.
Check out these 2 articles below to find yourself suitable products to deal with the acne conditions that you are having.
Natural methods for acne treatment
These are the tricks and tips using natural and cheap ingredients to create masks that aid the pimples therapy. Some formula for creating face masks using ingredients to take care of acne are:
1. Effective acne treatment with green tea masks
Green tea, for a long time, has been known as a health and skin-beneficial product. This is very further proven for skin with acne conditions like pimples.
Green tea contains tannin and flavonoid, which are the 2 active elements that can prevent inflammation effectively and suppress the activity of P. Ances acne-causing bacteria. In addition, EGCG inside of green tea not only helps to prevent skin deterioration but also controls the production of the sebaceous glands.
In conclusion, green tea is a safe, effective, yet cheap ingredient for you to make use of in your acne therapy.
How to do it:
- Prepare 100g (a hand full) of fresh green tea.
- Put the green tea into a pot with water then boil them.
- Wash your face clean and wipe it dry.
- Soak the cotton pads in the tea and rub them on your face (or you can use a portable sprinkle).
- Massage the areas with pimples gently.
- Let the tea on your face dry out and wash your face with cool water.
- Do this 2 times a day regularly.
2. Quick acne treatment with apple vinegar
Apple vinegar contains organic acids like citric acid and lactic acid. Citric acid can eliminate and suppress the development of the P. Acnes virus while lactic acid is a type of AHA that can exfoliate the skin gently, reducing the risk of forming acne scars.
How to do it:
- Mix apple vinegar with water by the 1:3 ratio.
- Wash your face clean with water then use a towel to wipe it dry.
- Soak the cotton pads into the apple vinegar mixture and rub them on your face.
- Let the mixture sink in for 5 minutes then wash your face with water.
- Do this 1-2 times a day for the best result.
Note: Although the ingredients inside apple vinegar can treat acne, there has had any study that the liquid itself can treat pimples. Moreover, it can cause skin reactions if your skin is too sensitive. Therefore, you should consider carefully before doing this.
3. Natural acne treatment with aloe
Studies have shown that using aloe can help greatly in treating acne on the skin. To be more specific, aloe contains sulfur and salicylic acid, which are specialized in treating pimples.
Moreover, aloe gel consists of a lot of water, vitamins, and antioxidants, meaning that using aloe as face masks will not only subside the acne conditions but also beautify the skin effectively.
How to do it:
- Prepare 1 small bowl of aloe gel.
- Put the gel into a blender to get its extract.
- Wash your face and let it dry.
- Soak cotton pads into the gel extract then tap gently on the skin for the extract to sink in.
- Leave it be for 15-20 minutes then wash it away with water.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.
(*) If you cannot find natural aloe, you can use skincare products with aloe ingredients as an alternative.
4. Acne treatment with honey and cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon are the two ingredients that can prevent infection, inflammation, and oxidization. Combining both of them will bring you a cheap yet efficient face mask for acne conditions.
How to do it:
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of pure honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Mix the 2 ingredients to form a slippery brown mixture.
- Wash your face and dry it.
- Use a brush to apply the mixture on your face.
- Relax for 10-15 minutes then wash your face with water.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.
5. Acne treatment with tea tree oil
Natural tea tree oil exist in a lot of skincare product – a solid proof for the capability of treating acne conditions of this ingredient.
How to do it:
- Dilute the tea tree oil with water by the 1:9 ratio.
- After washing your face, use cotton pads to apply the mixture of tea tree oil on the skin regions with acne.
- No need to wash your face again afterward.
- Do this for 1-2 times a week to achieve the best result
Tips to aid your acne treatment
Wash your face regularly
Frequent makeup removal, exfoliation, and face washing with facial cleansers is the simplest way to clean the skin. Doing that will help the skin to be removed from the dirt, sebaceous, and accumulated bacteria that can cause pores clog and acne conditions.
Moisten your skin
After cleaning your face, you will need to moisten your skin. First, you should apply rose extract/toner to moisten and balance the skin pH level. Then you use serum and moisturizer cream.
The skin with enough moisture can control the sebaceous glands on it own, limiting the risk of forming acne and pimples.
Supplement Zinc for the body
According to studies, the lack of zinc is the reason why pimples appear. For that reason, you should have a logical diet to supplement your body with zinc. You can also use dietary supplementations with zinc as an alternative.
Change your diet
By replacing the amount of starch, sugar, oil, and spicy food in your meals with fresh vegetables and juices, your acne condition will be much improved and your skin will be more beautiful.
Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital – The facility for acne treatment
When having pimples and acne, aside from taking pills, using ointment, and changing your lifestyle, you can also choose a more direct method with instant result. That is using advanced technology in acne treatment.
Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital is a specialized facility in dealing with skin problems, especially treating acne with modern technique. Skin Get – IPL is that highly effective, quick, and absolute procedure to treat acne and prevent conditions from reappearing with just one session.
Acne treatment result at Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital
To book an appointment for your own personalized treatment regimen or to just simply receive a consultation, you can contact Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital by dialing 0901 666 879 or messaging the fan page HERE.
Aside from treating pimples and acne, Gangwhoo cosmetic hospital also provide a variety of skin therapy with advanced techniques and procedures. You can check them out HERE.