WHAT ARE PITTED SCAR
Pitted scars, also known as concave scars, are the most stubborn and unsightly scars. The damage caused when elastin and collagen under the skin are broken, which makes your skin appear bumps, roughness, calloused skin, lose its smoothness. The causes of pitted scars include damages from chickenpox, acne, accidents, etc. In which, the most common cause is pitted scars formed from acne.
The pitted scar does not cause pain, itching, or discomfort, and does not affect health. But they cause serious effects on your beauty and your life.
Based on the extent of the damage to the skin, we will divide concave scars into 3 levels:
– Mild level: Your skin has slight, shallowly concave areas, which cannot be seen clearly from a distance, can be covered with makeup.
– Moderate level: pitted scars appear dense and can be easily seen.
– Severe level: Scars are deeply pitted to the surface of the skin, which occupies a large area, changes the structure, makes the skin rough. You cannot use cream powder to cover it.
Nowadays, there are lots of pitted scars treatment methods. Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital shall provide you the following top 6 effective methods for pitted scars treatment at home.
6 EFFECTIVE METHODS FOR PERENNIAL PITTED SCARS TREATMENT AT HOME
1. Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera has lots of benefits for skin caring.
Aloe vera is considered a cure-all medicine to help treat perennial pitted scars effectively by natural methods. With the ability to regenerate new tissue, heal the wound quickly, recover the internal damage, aloe vera shall effectively treat pitted scars.
- Aloe vera is easy to find at markets or supermarkets, so you do not have to look anywhere else.
- You should peel only the flesh of the aloe vera and then slice it thinly.
- Wash the skin that needs to be treated, then take the processed aloe vera flesh and apply it to the skin surface.
- Lie down and relax for 10 minutes, then change another layer of the aloe vera mask, repeat 3 times.
- Finally, wash your face thoroughly and apply moisturizer to increase the effectiveness.
Implement this method regularly to help improve the condition quickly. However, for those who have sensitive skin, consider doing this method.
2. Centella for pitted scars treatment
In eastern medication, Centella (or pennywort) is a purifying remedy for the body, but also extremely effective in treating pitted scars. Centella contains Triterpenoids, which are used to stimulate collagen production and regenerate skin cells.
The skin after forming pitted scar tissue for a period of time is often hardened, dry and wrinkled and is more difficult to treat. Therefore, you should use Centella to treat as soon as the open wound is healing to inhibit the formation of scar tissue.
How to use Centella to fill the pitted scars:
- Have a handful of Centella and soak them in salted water, then wash them and put them in a blender.
- Then strain the juice into 2 bowls.
- Wash your skin with clean water, apply Centella pulp and leave it on for 15 minutes, then wash it off.
- You can drink the Centella juice daily or cleanse your face with it to enhance efficiency.
Apply this method daily to achieve the goal in a short time.
3. Coconut oil
Filling perennial pitted scars with coconut oil is a popular method because it is easy to use and low cost. In coconut oil, there is lauric acid, which has effective antibacterial and antifungal properties. In addition to treating acne, it can also reduce inflammation well, vitamin E, and antioxidants in coconut oil. It can also stimulate collagen production and remove broken connective tissue.
There are 2 simple ways to use coconut oil:
- Apply pure coconut oil directly to the skin.
- Combine coconut oil with avocado or green tea will help nourish and improve the pitted scars.
Although coconut oil is a good material for skin care, it can cause side effects: inflammatory acne, skin irritation, hair growth,…
4. Honey for perennial pitted scars treatment
Honey is a natural ingredient that is extremely good for health. The common ingredients of honey have skin care properties because it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Honey contains lots of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants to prevent aging skin.
There are 2 ways to use honey for perennial pitted scars treatment:
- Apply honey directly to the skin.
- Combine honey with other natural ingredients such as turmeric powder, fresh milk, olive oil, etc. to enhance the treatment efficiency.
When implementing honey for perennial pitted scars treatment, you must pay notice to the origin of the honey to avoid using adulterated honey that can easily cause skin irritation, folliculitis…
5. Fresh ginger
Fresh ginger not only has health care effects such as digestive system improvement, weight loss, cure menstrual pain, prevent cancer,…but also beneficial for treating perennial pitted scars.
In addition to the above uses of fresh ginger, it also has the ability to heal scars thanks to its strong oxidizing properties. This method should be applied 2 to 3 times a day, which improves pitted scars effectively in a few weeks.
With simple implementation, you only need to:
- Peel and clean the ginger.
- Cut into small pieces or crush the ginger.
- Then apply evenly on the pitted scars for 10-15 minutes. Then, use ginger water to wash your face thoroughly.
Implement this method at night before sleeping can help you absorb significantly the essence of the ginger.
6. Lime juice
Lime juice can clean the skin, exfoliate dead cells and regenerate the skin quickly. In particular, the citric acid in lemons has a great ability to treat perennial pitted scars.
Asides from using lime juice to soak into the skin, you can mix a glass of lime juice to drink. This combination will help keep your skin fresh and bright.
THE MOST EFFECTIVE AND SAFEST PERENNIAL PITTED SCARS TREATMENT METHOD
In general, the pitted scars treatment methods at home mentioned above are only suitable for shallowly pitted scars and you must persistently implement them for a long time for great efficiency. Therefore, the doctors at Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital often recommend that customers have advanced pitted scars treatment methods to quicken the treatment progress.
Read more: PRP technology for pitted scars treatment