Rhinoplasty is becoming more and more popular among people. After undergoing rhinoplasty surgery, one of the most concerning issues is how to reduce the swelling. The new nose shape can be greatly affected due to how you take care of your nose to reduce swellings. The following article will help you better understand how to reduce swelling after rhinoplasty!
DOES THE NEW NOSE AFTER RHINOPLASTY SWELL A LOT?
We should have a suitable way to reduce swelling after rhinoplasty because, during the surgery, the doctor will dissect and reshape the nose a lot, causing the nose to swell.
Depending on the health status of each person, there are cases where the nose will be swollen and painful for a long time and prolong the recovery time, causing difficulties in daily life and work. Therefore, each of us needs to learn carefully how to reduce swelling after rhinoplasty and to recover quickly and make the nose more stable.
WHY IS THE NOSE SWOLLEN AFTER RHINOPLASTY?
A swollen nose and bruised skin around the eyes are making women and sisters worried. So what causes swollen nose?
According to experts, although rhinoplasty is very safe, the doctor will have to make an incision in the nose to insert cartilage material. Therefore, after suturing, the surrounding areas will easily appear hematoma. Not to mention the need for orthopedic surgery of large nasal bones also make the nose area become more swollen.
Similar to the hematoma around the sutured wound, around the eye areas or nose also have a hematoma, making the area around the nose is swollen or bruised. Therefore, you do not have to worry too much, just follow the steps below to reduce swelling after rhinoplasty.
EFFECTIVE WAYS TO REDUCE SWELLING AFTER RHINOPLASTY
1. Apply ice compresses
2. Apply warm compresses
3. Light activities
4. Increase vitamin intake from fruits and vegetables
5. Drink at least 2 liters of water daily
6. Avoid alcohol, beers, and smoking
If you are a smoker, you should stop a few weeks before surgery.
- Smokers have a slower recovery time.
- Smoking increases the risk of infection
- Avoid drinking alcohol because alcohol will thin the blood. Avoid drinking alcohol at least five days before surgery.
WHEN WILL THE SWELLINGS DISAPPEAR AFTER RHINOPLASTY?
How long the swelling and bruising after rhinoplasty will last depends on many factors, some of which are the main influencing factors including:
- The health status of each person: People with a healthy body will have a shorter time of nose swelling.
- Qualification of the doctor: A highly qualified and experienced doctor will carry out the surgery accurately and carefully without causing invasiveness to the surrounding areas. Therefore, it is less like to appear swelling and bruising.
- The method of reducing swelling after rhinoplasty: Like most other cosmetic surgery methods, it is necessary to have proper diets and take care of the wounds carefully. If done well, the nose will recover quickly, the swelling and complications will be reduced.
Normally, the swelling will last for about 3-4 days, but if not cared for properly or influenced by other factors from the outside, it may last longer.
THE COSMETIC FACILITY
It is important for you to choose a prestigious cosmetic facility to have rhinoplasty, which can help reduce the risks of swelling after rhinoplasty for too long.
If the surgery is carried out by a highly qualified doctor, then swellings can subside and gradually disappear after only 1 week, and you will quickly have a perfect nose shape.
At Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital – one of the top pioneering cosmetic hospitals that applies rhinoplasty technology from Korea to help limit invasiveness and damage to the nose.
Let’s check out the images of our customers before & after rhinoplasty below:
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about how to reduce swellings after rhinoplasty. If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment or contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for the most thoughtful advice and guidance!