After having eyelid surgery, depending on the physical condition of each person, a few postoperative complications may occur. Among them, swelling is the most common one. In the following article, Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital would like to share the most effective bruises home remedies after surgery.
HOW LONG FOR THE BRUISES TO DISSOLVE AFTER EYELID SURGERY?
According to cosmetologists, bruised eyelids are a completely natural response of the body after being impacted. Furthermore, bruises after surgery can be caused by other factors such as:
- Inexperienced doctors who’ve overdone the eyelid surgery with the wrong technique.
- The different physical conditions of each person.
- Post-operative care after eyelid surgery.
Most severe signs of bruises are within 48 – 72 hours after surgery. 5 days after the surgery, the bruises will disappear.
Read more: Suture removal after eyelid surgery
The detailed recovery process after eyelid surgery is as follows:
- Stage 1: 1 to 2 days after the surgery, there would be red bruises with mild pain.
- Stage 2: 3 days later the red bruises will turn purple and there shall be no pain. You can open your eyes widely because the swellings have reduced.
- Stage 3: After 5 to 10 days, the hemoglobin is broken down. The purple bruises will start to turn light yellow.
- Stage 4: After 10 to 14 days, the bruises will turn blurred brown and disappear. For those whose good physical condition, the bruises will disappear faster.
BRUISES HOME REMEDIES AFTER EYELID SURGERY
1. Apply ice compresses
It can be said that applying ice compresses is the easiest method. Ice has the effect of constricting blood vessels, reducing swelling and pain, so applying ice compresses will help reduce swelling and bruising, enhance the recovery process after eyelid surgery.
- Put small ice cubes in a bag.
- Cover the bruises with a thin towel, then apply the ice bag on top.
- Apply for 5 minutes then stop for 10 – 15 minutes for a new ice bag.
Avoid applying ice directly to the bruises because the melting ice can cause infection to the wound.
2. Apply warm compresses
3. Doing massage sessions
4. Increase vitamin C intake
5. Rest well and have proper meals
From 3 to 5 days, after surgery, let your eyes rest completely and at the same time avoid activities that put pressure on your eyelids such as gymnastics, dancing, etc. When you go to bed, you should lie on your back.
On the first few days after eyelid surgery, you may not see clearly. This is due to the effect of the ointment that was used earlier. The medicine will help moisturize your eyes and prevent them from being dried. Therefore, stay calm and avoid taking medicines that the doctor has not yet approved.
In addition, you must avoid eating foods that cause festering. Some foods that need to be avoided are water spinach, chicken,… Increase intake of fiber, vitamins B, A,… In addition, to avoid body dehydration, drink enough water every day.
Avoid wearing makeup in the first 2 weeks because this is a sensitive period, the eyes can be easily irritated. If you want to apply cream, consult your doctor first.
Although bruises on the eyelids can be dissolved, you should pay attention to the following issues to avoid bruises recurrence.
– Keep your eyes clean: This is a way to keep your eyes healthy, have good resistance, and avoid plenty of eye diseases.
– Avoid strong impacts to the eyes: Collisions, external impacts are the cause of the bruises on the eyelid, so be very careful, avoid objects that can affect your eyes.
– Follow the recovery care after undergoing eyelid surgery. If you undergo eyelid surgery, … you must always follow the recovery care regimen of the doctor so that the bruises in the eyelid can be quickly removed.
We hope you’ve had enough useful information about bruises home remedies after undergoing eyelid surgery. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Gangwhoo Cosmetic Hospital for the most thoughtful advice and guidance.